Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Barrel?

nhglyn

If you were building a new 38 Super open gun, which barrel would you choose and why? Curious as to what the best ones out there are and why they are better than the others? Thanks for the information.

There are several that shoot great but the schumman is easiest to fit.

Benny,

If Schuemanns are not available, what are the ones you would look to use in a shorty open gun? Or NOT use for that matter.

There are several that shoot great but the schumman is easiest to fit.

Benny,

If Schuemanns are not available, what are the ones you would look to use in a shorty open gun? Or NOT use for that matter.

Kart and Barsto would be very high on my list. Kart, however does not make a bull barrel configuration, Barsto does. You'd have to put a cone on a Kart, like in the old days

The (4) Schuemann barrels I've had over the last 8 years have all shot better than I can, so has the Tungsten KKM barrel I had. The tungsten barrel sleave cracked after 4 years of shooting it, and KKM sent me a replacement barrel, so they are stand up guys in my book.

Benny and Dan know a bit about building guns, and by the "cult like" following they have, you probably won't go too far wrong listening to them, unless you want to try to apprentice under them. I hear that can be an interesting adventure.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Benny and Dan know a bit about building guns, and by the "cult like" following they have, you probably won't go too far wrong listening to them, unless you want to try to apprentice under them. I hear that can be an interesting adventure.

Thats a frickin understatement!!

If you were building a new 38 Super open gun, which barrel would you choose and why? Curious as to what the best ones out there are and why they are better than the others? Thanks for the information.

Max Michel Jr. said he like STI barrels on his Open gun and that they seem to consistantly chrono faster than the other barrels he has tried.

I like the way Schuemann barrels work in my friend Ray's guns, but have yet to try one (too cheap/lazy to send the slides off to be cut for the hybrid section)...everybody seems to agree that they're hard to get but I've bought three off of eBay in the last month...brand new, and for a lot less than retail.

My own guns tend to wear Bar sto's, unless I run across an old Centaur Systems Quadralok.

Edited by gino_aki