Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Todd Jarrett Grip Lesson Video!

caspian38

"...your sight is your best friend, crystal clear, the target is slightly fuzzy, press to the rear, one hair at a time..."

"...sights crystal clear, that dictates the speed at which you shoot the target..."

Good stuff

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Nice video link. I liked it too. I felt a little uncomfortable looking at the muzzle of that pistol, but I am sure that the camera wasn't manned while filming, but it still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Great! Now I know I can never properly grip my hi-cap

with my short fingers.

I'd better check my single stack or chop some trigger off my

race gun.

Better to know than not though. B)

FM

Edited by Front Man

• 2 weeks later...
That was a good one. It's always fun to see how easy something looks after practicing it 24/7, forever.

be

My wife is thinking about getting into shooting IPSC (Production) and the other day Dirtypool40 was showing her some grip techniques. While showing her he explained about feeling the pressure pushing forward on the fingertips of your strong hand (He went through a TJ class not long ago). I've been trying to figure out where I'm lacking controlability in my shooting and when I heard him tell her this a light went on. I started out gripping like this because the guy who got me into IPSC showed me this way, but somewhere along the line I lost it and just reverted to the standard "70% weak hand 30% strong hand, thumbs pointing at the target" grip. I went out today and did nothing but "Grip & Rip" drills and now that I have put that aspect back into my grip I feel I've gained that control I was lacking (We'll see at the next match).

I feel that during our development it's just as easy to lose valuable aspects as it is to learn/gain them.

I've started going through this forum and printing posts that I feel are valuable and placing them in my shooting journal. I think a refresher/reminder once in a while is absolutely essential to progress.

Make a journal and every time you learn something new right it down. Go through it the night before every match. I'm starting to do this and I'll let you know how it works out.

• 1 year later...