Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Bianchi Cup

BigDave

Al Fleshman, Leroy and I will be going again this year. If he doesn't have to take his SOL's that week we will be bringing our Junior, Travis Hayton. I have said that last year was my last but Travis's Dad can't go so I volunteered to take him. I have one more chance to make the top 16. Came in 17th in 2004.

Kevin

2006 Bianchi Cup info

It is the best pistol match that USPSA shooters don't attend or participate in. This is how I know: I asked about shot calling at 50 yds and I get four responses, including one from a 3x champion (thanks Bruce!!!). If I would have asked at question stating 25 yds or closer - I would have gotten 50 responses. ;)

I love ya D, but I gotta add a disclaimer. I think it is the best discipline that is overlooked, but the BC is not the best match. It is still a wonderful match, and it will teach you things you are not likely to learn too many other places. To all the first timers, dont miss the new shooters meeting, and have a great time. The match staff is usually very good, and the range is one of the most beautiful in the world.

I love ya D, but I gotta add a disclaimer. I think it is the best discipline that is overlooked, but the BC is not the best match. It is still a wonderful match, and it will teach you things you are not likely to learn too many other places. To all the first timers, dont miss the new shooters meeting, and have a great time. The match staff is usually very good, and the range is one of the most beautiful in the world.

Ok, so it's not the best.....what is? Why?

Martin

QUOTE(Kimberkid @ Mar 2 2006, 07:22 AM)

Ok, so it's not the best.....what is? Why?

Martin

I think the KK is saying Bianchi is more flash than substance. The Academy Awards of the shooting sports. No one can deny that it's a rich person's sport. And it is the same...every time...

More shooting and less bilge (ie..banquets, parties, barbques, etc) would make it a better match.

Chapman is a great place to shoot, the match is well run, but I've had more fun at the shooter run activities than the "sanctioned" ones.

I wouldnt really say more flash than substance, though I think the comraderie is a bigger part of the Cup than the shooting is, though I suppose that may be more due ones personality. What I meant is that the match does not have a history of outstanding organization. It tends to be a headache when you find out you shoot 2 events within 10 minutes of each other, or they schedule 4 shooters on 1 relay for the barricade, or other things such as that. The awards ceremony has never been accurate since I got into the sport. I know several people that didnt get paid last year and the years before. I have personally seen people win awards in Stock and Open, before we were allowed to shoot multiple divisions. The sandbagging may be better now, but I recall one year that I was there, you had to shoot 1850's or better to win Marksman class. I know that no match of any discipline is gonna happen without 1 or 2 little quirks, but all this stuff combined with a $300 entry fee is a bit stiff. All this combined with the BS rule changes, and the way they were done makes it very tough for me to say it is the best match anywhere.

Despite this, it is a great game, and all those that go are likely to have a great time and learn many valuable things.

Best of luck to all that go, and remember, if your gun runs the whole time at Columbia, it's value has doubled. :D

We're on the same wavelength. ;)

I'm flying over from OZ for my first BC this year.

I have Randy at the Hangunner Custom Gunshop in Topton PA building me an optic Revolver ..... yeah one of the things with the spinny bit in the middle.

I am looking forward to it although looks like I have lost my travelling buddy so will be flying solo this time.

I have only ever shot 3 action matches .....total .......so I am definately not a serious threat to anybody, but I focus more on the social aspect and the fact I am travelling the world doing what I love.

See y'all in May. :D

I have Randy at the Hangunner Custom Gunshop in Topton PA building me an optic Revolver ..... yeah one of the things with the spinny bit in the middle.

I am looking forward to it although looks like I have lost my travelling buddy so will be flying solo this time.

I have only ever shot 3 action matches .....total .......so I am definately not a serious threat to anybody, but I focus more on the social aspect and the fact I am travelling the world doing what I love.

Drop me a E-mail, and I will come up to Topton and we can shoot a few practices matches and check out the new gun. Randy will be running a match in April some time, but we can set up most everything and get in a few runs before hand.

Gene Sutton

Drop me a E-mail, and I will come up to Topton and we can shoot a few practices matches and check out the new gun. Randy will be running a match in April some time, but we can set up most everything and get in a few runs before hand.

Gene Sutton

Yeah I am hoping to get over the week prior to the match and shoot the new toy with Doug and Randy at TFG before driving down with Randy and Al Greco ......although I am considering flying down ..... I have experienced just an evening with these 2 I don't know if I could make a 20 hour drive with them alive ..... or unviolated. :o:blink:

• 2 months later...