Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kansas Sectional

pskys2

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, he probably uses factory ammo doesn't he? If he'd come down, they might even let him run it!

Factory ammo? Sure! NERF products are made in a Factory aren't they?

http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/...erf/default.cfm

Ouch. You don't get up from a shot like that.

It is absolutely NOT true that you can follow the progress of Bubber's bullets with the naked eye.

Jeez, he probably uses factory ammo doesn't he? If he'd come down, they might even let him run it!

It is absolutely NOT true that you can follow the progress of Bubber's bullets with the naked eye.

HEY! HEY! HEY! My stuff goes through the cardboard. Well maybe not the thick stuff, but they are ever bit as stout as the nerf bullets, well maybe not as fast but almost as heavy. <_<

Edited by Bubber

Bubber I never meant to imply your loads wouldn't cut wind. Just that a proper, dyed in the woolies ICORE guy would probably be shooting those factory loads that don't make the pf but qualify. Hey, if I was going to shoot open and "had" a revolver that they fit, you bet I'd have some.

I actually ran a guy (this guy was 6'6" and 300lbs) thru a course in the late '80's that shot a ppc revolver and loads. His reaction was almost funny when I wouldn't score the bullets "STUCK" in the cardboard target. But, I explained that they had to penetrate the target to score. He even had some that left little impressions where they bounced off. It was funny, though I didn't laugh while he was there. Some guys don't have much of a sense of humor.

Why don't you come up with Walter Mitty, or some of the Arkansas guys. Just leave the dot at home and use 6 shots. Oh, and all Nerf Bullets will be chrono'd!

But we never look using naked eyes. We always have safety glasses on :wacko:

A couple of years ago, a co-worker had a .45 cal bullet, 230 gr FMJ stick in the target at the standards. We suspect it was fired from the 50 yard distance. Given his results to that time, they did give him the benefit of scoring the stuck projectile. Jerry had nothing to worry about. B)

Bubber I never meant to imply your loads wouldn't cut wind. Just that a proper, dyed in the woolies ICORE guy would probably be shooting those factory loads that don't make the pf but qualify. Hey, if I was going to shoot open and "had" a revolver that they fit, you bet I'd have some.

I actually ran a guy (this guy was 6'6" and 300lbs) thru a course in the late '80's that shot a ppc revolver and loads. His reaction was almost funny when I wouldn't score the bullets "STUCK" in the cardboard target. But, I explained that they had to penetrate the target to score. He even had some that left little impressions where they bounced off. It was funny, though I didn't laugh while he was there. Some guys don't have much of a sense of humor.

Why don't you come up with Walter Mitty, or some of the Arkansas guys. Just leave the dot at home and use 6 shots. Oh, and all Nerf Bullets will be chrono'd!

I am thinkin hard on going to the Sunfower Classic. I think I have a revo that only hold 6 shots somewhere here. If Waltermitty has room and won't make me ride in the trunk I'll go up there and make a fool of myself.

I am thinkin hard on going to the Sunfower Classic. I think I have a revo that only hold 6 shots somewhere here. If Waltermitty has room and won't make me ride in the trunk I'll go up there and make a fool of myself.

I know you've got a 6 shot because I've been whooped with it and still have some marks. And since you let me ride up in a seat to the C.O.P.S. match, I'll return the favor no problem.

Maybe we can swing by and pick up Double Action when his wife puts him and his stuff on the curb to get him out of the house.

B)

Hey Cliff,

You need to stay at Carmoneys for the week so you can shoot the IOWA Sec with us the following weekend.......??????

I'm trying............very hard....................to talk my wife into letting me go out a week early to her brothers ( in IOWA ) so I can shoot the Kansas sec. I know I could hitch a ride with my ol' buddy Carmoney............right Mikey !!!

Hey Cliff,

You need to stay at Carmoneys for the week so you can shoot the IOWA Sec with us the following weekend.......??????

I'm trying............very hard....................to talk my wife into letting me go out a week early to her brothers ( in IOWA ) so I can shoot the Kansas sec. I know I could hitch a ride with my ol' buddy Carmoney............right Mikey !!!

Absolutely--on both counts. Although we might put you guys to work helping us set up the Iowa match! :)

Dan, I'll save a spot for you in the 300C for the Topeka road-trip. Done deal.

Cliff and Luke, you're welcome to stay here at the Compound.

This is going to be one helluva year for USPSA wheelgunnin'! We gotta get Hopalong healed up and back shooting revo with us right away.

Edited by Carmoney

Bubber if you can't find a 6 shot, let me know. I have holster and holders for both a 625 and a M29 (.44 russian with moon clips works great).

Cliff, what brand? It all tastes the same to me.

Maybe we should all meet somewhere before or after the match. Any preferences?

We're usually done on Friday about 7pm and Saturday by 6pm.

Maybe we can swing by and pick up Double Action when his wife puts him and his stuff on the curb to get him out of the house.

B)

Will there be room in the Pontiac for me, my dog collar, a lamp, and a shooting bag? If so, I'm in!! I think the wife gets to keep the rest of my stuff. :unsure:

B)

Will there be room in the Pontiac for me, my dog collar, a lamp, and a shooting bag? If so, I'm in!! I think the wife gets to keep the rest of my stuff. :unsure:

Sure..... :unsure:

But if you're going to insist on wearing the collar, Bubber and I may want you to wear a turtle neck in case we get pulled over for some reason..... :P

Dave, you're going to need to call every bar and convenience store on the west side of Topeka and tell them to stock up heavy on Coors Light.

Room booked.

Luke and I will land in KC at 6:30pm friday. I guess an hour and a half to get our gear,car, and drive to the hotel. After that, I'm up for the bar.

Holiday Inn West in Topeka. Pretty reasonably priced ($74?) and of course they have a bar.

The Holiday Inn web site shows two properties on the West side of Topeka. The Holiday Inn Express looks closer to the range, but the other Holiday Inn is called "Topeka West".

The Express is a higher rate, the "West" appears to be a Holidome.

Which one are you talking about?

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/m...equestid=552054

Dan, I'll save a spot for you in the 300C for the Topeka road-trip. Done deal.

Hey Dan, your long lost cousin Doug Carden is planning to ride down with us! He even told me he might haul out the 625 for this match! A "Carden v. Carden" wheelgun showdown would be pretty cool, huh?

Dave, you're going to need to call every bar and convenience store on the west side of Topeka and tell them to stock up heavy on Coors Light.

Maybe we should get Cliff some of this stuff:post-5714-1142007360.jpg I understand it's a Lager.

:lol:

Dang, what have I started. Looks like the Kansas Sectional is going to be loaded with Revo talent.

Hey where's Keith? We're not that far from the land of the Frozen Tundra. OOPS, guess that's a rival team.

We may have to have 2 Revo Squads! And last year I had to really work'em over to get the staff to even recognizing Revo.

Now we need to work on S&W for support. Anyone have a contact with S&W (or another Revo Company, Ruger, Taurus?) I could try to con, 'er convince to donate to a lowly Sectional? One with 2 Masters and a bevy of tough "A & B" competitors!

Dave

I've also been informed the courses are going to be Revo friendly. Very few, if any, required standing reloads.

I was giving this one some serious thought.

Then I saw on the Frozen Tundra section schedule that there are two local matches that weekend. One of them being a MN section points match. Even though I haven't decided which frickin gun to shoot for the MN points series, I really can't miss one of the points matches if I can help it.

I will be at the Iowa Section match and Area 3. And hopefully nationals. Still tossing the coin bewteen Area 5 and the Rocky MT 3-gun. I hate having to choose which match to shoot. And I hope to weasel my way into Area 2 this year.

On the plus side it's supposed to get up to 50 whole degrees today. AND sunny! WooHoo! The bad part is I get to spend the afternoon setting up for our first match of the year instead of going shooting. :( Of course it's supposed to rain and snow for the match tomorrow and back into the 30's. :wacko:

Edited by Keith