Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 9x21

twix

Flex, in one of the other threads you mentioned putting a 9x21 barrell in either a G34 or G35 to make a cheap open gun. Because of the thread flow, I wasn't sure which you meant. Since I just got a 34 I AM curious. TIA

Thanks. I would probably enlist the help of CGR for a project like that. Seems there isn't much Matt hasn't done or tried. What I'm really interested in is the 10mm. I was just wondering if I should keep my 34 for a possible open gun down the road. Sounds like I might be better off picking up a used 17 when I'm ready. OR using a 10mm. I was reading the old posts here the other night and just about wetted myself when Glocklady said she has 16 G20's!? I notice Tdean has a fair amount of experience with this platform as well.

No, not 16 G20s, 16 Glocks!  Actually, add two more. The Gssf commemorative, and a 35 won at the GSSF Annual.  :)

Lets see,

17,17,17c,17L,19,20,20c,21,21,22,22,24,24C,26,29,35,36,36.

The 20C and one 36 are for sale, $50 off Glockmeister's published price.

Deb

How about trading one of your 17s for my old, but VGC 19? I want to build a 9x21 compensated open gun based on a 17 and have tried to trade my 19. No response on either the USPSA classifieds or on (dare I mention) glocktalk.com. Is your barrel shot out? no problem! I'll trade - I am going to replace it anyway.  Is there no one out there who needs a very fine 9mm glock 19 for a carry gun?

Found the snippet below on a less reliable forum (dare I say it) the golcktalk.com. Supposedly USPSA will allow the 9mm to be allowed to make major PF if it passes 165 on the chrono.  Have not had the opp to verify this - I would be very surprised if its true - 9x19mm major??!? Seems very dangerous. I know the Europeans do it, but it still does not seem right. Look out open class - here come the Glocks! So who makes the strongest 9x19 brass? Starline?  D.

>>>>>                          9X21 ? why?

marvin, one of the reasons that I attempted this project is that as of 4-16-01, the 9x19 is a legal

cal for major in open in USPSA.

Why go thru the hassle of a different bbl, odd & hard to find brass, etc.

uncle albert

see the new RED rulebook #14, I believe.

12-29-2001 05:26 AM

Clark

It seems to me that 9x19 seated to 1.16" and loaded to +P+ is 9x21mm and seated to 1.18"

and loaded ++P++ is the same as 356 TSW. The bullet has the same velocity and the

chamber sees the same pressure regaurdless of the length of the case.

I shoot the 9x19, 9x21, 356TSW, and 9x23 loads in my G19. I have throated the chamber a

little longer. I can seat the bullets longer. The load does not care how long the brass is. It

DOES care the overall length. I cannot get the OAL for 9mm Win Mag.

Well making 9x19 major is not any harder than 9x21 since my OAL is the same (1.155).  The new Red book does not mention anything about 9x19 not scoring major and for min cal in Open it only states 9mm.  That would lead me to believe it is not against the rules but I know some folks in USPSA dont want it.

For the record Lee Tillman shot 9x19 major at the 2000 Open nats.

Matt

I've shot with Lee. Also another guy who talked about loading 9mm for major. So if 9x19 is legal You could get an aftermarket 9x19 barrell that's more fully supported and that's threaded for a compensator. Now your major for open?

Found this on the BOD minutes section of the USPSA website: (looks like 9x19mm loaded to Glock-usable OAL is still a no no in USPSA but not IPSC). :-(

"""3.9:42pm: 9x19 Open Major

The board discussed the possibility of rescinding policy established by the board motion of July 9, 1990

which prohibited 9x19 ammo loaded to a length of less than 1.250 from making major power factor in

open division.  After some discussion the feeling of the board was that we do not at this time have the

"clear and convincing verifiable evidence that such ammunition can be safely loaded to the major power

factor category".  (That wording is taken directly from the resolution of July 9, 1990.) Area 1 moved

that discussion of 9x19 Open Major be tabled until a later date. Area 4 seconded the motion. Motion

passed unanimously.

Twix- I was planning on using a G-17 to build an open gun so OAL would be limited to 9x19 length by the magazines. No point in bothering with 9x21 if the cart. OAL will be the same as a 9x19. Would like more clarification on this from USPSA.  Seems like decades of history in international IPSC cpmpetition does not count as "clear and convincing verifiable evidence". Methinks I smell a rat!  

(Edited by Carlos at 5:44 pm on Dec. 30, 2001)

I asked the same question and was told by MV and Amidon that it is still not legal. The 1990 BOD ban is still in effect. It isn't in the rule book and the 1990 BOD ban was and specifically addressed 175PF. Now that it is 165PF and it isn't in the rules you might have an arguement for a arbitration. I think in the next BOD meeting it will be settled. I for one wouldn't go to a major match and bet on winning the arbitration. I have emailed Mike twice and he was getting some loads pressure tested. Hell the super has been loaded over SAAMI specs for years and is legal.

Sorry guys,

I was off-line for a few days or I would have nipped this one in the bud.

You CANNOT shoot 9mm as Major.  And...no, its not in the rule book.

Don't vent about it on this thread.  There are already quite a few pages on Brian's Forum covering this topic.  I'll find it and post a link.

Thanks Flex, I don't visit this section very often. I do think the BOD has a pretty weak argument about excluding the 9x19. As others have stated just limit the mag capacity to 20 then that issue goes away. I would like to see the 9x19 legal for Limited and Lim. 10. I think that would encourage people to use guns other than the 1911 platform. A Glock 34 making Major would be pretty neat. Equipment cost would certainly go down. I suspect you will see a nay vote from certain BOD members because of this. I guess I have struggled a bit with BOD members having vested interests. Kind of like a County Commissioner owning a construction company that is allowed to bid on projects.

(Edited by Joe D at 8:22 am on Dec. 31, 2001)

I agree with your point about vested interests. I also agree about rules often being slanted toward one design - I shoot an STI 1911/2011 and enjoy it, but would switch to brand or design X in a second if there were a clear competitive advantage. That is what fair competition is for - to discover the best. If the 1911 platform is indeed superior to all others, then let it be tested against all newcomers without rules to ensure it wins.

Carlos, I see the same thing in IDPA. CDP is a .45 only class now. I think I can make the 165 pf with my .40 Kimber. I seem to be able to do so in IPSC. I guess Bill Wilson does not offer a .40. As far as that goes I would shoot my Glock 35 in CDP if I could.