Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 9x21

twix

Kyle- good point. My main concern is whether 9x21 will be rendered irrelevant by the allowance of 9x19 major.  Either way, I have noticed VV loads for the 9x19 (from their 2000 loading data brochure) that made the 165PF with 147 grn JHPs, but none of the lighter bullets made it. Would a compensator work well with the heavier bullets and associated velocity? I thought the .38Super/TSW/9x21/9x23 folks all shot bullets in the 115 to 124 gr range?

Also, besides the KKM, what comp options would there be for a 9x21 Glock? Anyone?

Carlos,

Valid points and concerns.  

Here are some of my thoughts...

I doubt that the 9mm will get the go ahead for major any time soon.  There seem to be powders that are coming that may do the trick.  The thing is, Bubba Gump will think he can use the same old powder he always has in his 9mm and "just bump it up a bit".  

Even if 9mm does get the go ahead for major, 9x21 will not be irrelevant.  In fact, the 9x21 may have an advantage over the 9major...more case on the bullet might give a bit more accuracy.  Building out either gun will cost the same.  Bullets, powder, primers, brass all cost the same.  The only difference would be that used 9mm brass is readily available, and cheap.

I think most of the comp guns run with lighter bullets because that lets them adjust thier powders to suit the comps better.  The 147g bullets are not in favor.

KKM, Barsto, and THE all make, or sell, comps for the Glock in 9x21

Guys,

One thing to keep in mind when going to 9x21 (if you're going to shoot major loads) is that you might want to drill your 9mm frame to add another pin to the trigger assembly aka the .40s.  Or, do like I did and use a G22 receiver with a 17 top (hence the name Frankenstein -- his head doesn't match his body, get it?).    :)

Deb

Have spoke w/ Matt - great guy & very helpful.  Seems like he prefers the 17 slide to the 34 if going to 9x21 - not sure why, but I suspect the lack of a top cut on the 17 means more slide mass.  

So the hot setup would seem be a 3rd gen G-22 lower (to make use of a newer scope mount) and G17 upper w. barrel by KKM or Barsto - no? Anyone tried  other Glock 9x21 barrels they wish to comment on?

How about the BP accelerator comp?

BTW, tried the Aimpoint back to back against a C-More, and I prefered the C-More. The Aimpoint did work as advertised, I just thought the C-More was much better for competition use.