Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Frame Glock

Joe D

My first impression is no..it would not be legal for limited. Since the frame is the serialized part there would be a #number mfgd limitation.

2. Why would you need a steel framed Glock? The "regualr frame works just fine.

3. Since it is not a Glock anymore, what is it?

Just thinking it might give the gun a more balanced feel. I don't like the idea of hanging a big brass magwell on my G35. I felt one once and did not like it.

I have always thought that the perfect Limited gun would be a STI with a steel frame and a Glock grip angle.

One year and 500 Produced. So you'd have to wait a year AND they have to produce 500 before it's Limited legal.

The Lone Wolf sight shows it in their catalog but without a price. These can't be cheap!

And it changes the grip angle to more of a 1911 style.

Looks like they want $500 plus for their Bomar cut slide without a barrel or guide rod!!

One year and 500 Produced. So you'd have to wait a year AND they have to produce 500 before it's Limited legal.

The Lone Wolf sight shows it in their catalog but without a price. These can't be cheap!

And it changes the grip angle to more of a 1911 style.

Get it on the PD list and you're golden.. no 500/year rule there.

I saw an ad for that last week. Their new steel Glock frame was listed as having a 1911 grip angle IIRC. And the photo looked to not be a Glock angled grip as well.

I still have the ad in a SHOT SHOW flyer at the office, but it was being built a company in Virgina and directed at LEO's with Lone Wolf as a distributor.

Shred,

OK. But it's not a "Production" gun..or an OEM parts. But I see your point.

Same thing as a caspian slide on a Para or Glock in Production. Not OEM parts so would that senario be legal?

Yeah, I agree.. except the "Production Division" rules don't actually say it has to be a "Production Gun", as we normally think of it. In theory a mfg (the person with the ATF paperwork that lets them turn metal into serial numbers) could make exactly one gun and get it approved for PD. We hope the powers-that-be aren't approving everything that comes by, but there's no rule against it.

3. Since it is not a Glock anymore, what is it?

What a Glock should have been? ;) The weird grip angle and shape has always been the part of the Glock that never really thrilled me. I own a Glock but don't shoot it much. If Production and IDPA SSP rules allowed the grip reconfiguration, I would probably join the ranks of Glock shooters. Until then, I will stick with my SIG since it points right for me.

Craig

Hey guys,

Corect me if I'm wrong because the quality of the Lone Wolf catalog PDF is not the greatest on my machine but..

Did the catalog say Alloy frame..not steel.

Steel can be—and in many cases is—an alloy. An alloy is just a mixture of metals.

If it's stainless steel, it's an alloy.

Hey guys,

Corect me if I'm wrong because the quality of the Lone Wolf catalog PDF is not the greatest on my machine but..

Did the catalog say Alloy frame..not steel.

Steel can be—and in many cases is—an alloy. An alloy is just a mixture of metals.

If it's stainless steel, it's an alloy.

Actually went and got the catalog. It says (you should be able to zoom in): "Available in Aluminum with Stainless Steel and Titanium coming soon."

So, in answer to your question, the Al and SS frames are an alloy. Pure Al would oxidize too quickly and any type of steel is an alloy. The Ti frame may or may not be an alloy.

Yeah, but if you have a steel Glock frame that has a more 1911 grip angle, dont you basically have a Para/Springfield frame? The grip angle is half (at least) of what makes a Glock a Glock, plus the polymer frame. Now, a steel frame with same grip angle as Glock might be interesting.

I guess you could call it a "Glock Pattern"frame like every one and their brother makes a "1911" frame gun. :wacko: It looks like Glock has really reached cult status now(like it wasn't before).