Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rear Sight Off-center

Tweaker

My G35 has a KKM drop-in barrel. When properly sighted in, the rear sight is fairly off-center to the right? Is this normal or is it a sign of something not right? All my stock Glocks have zeroed with the sight perfectly centered.

Here's another question. The reason I asked about if you are right handed is that I'm left handed but didn't have any POI changes but....

Do you see any wear marks on the right side of the BBL by where it says KKM Precision? Or rough edges on the right side of the feed ramp?

I contacted KKM about the marks a few months ago and was given a lesson about the loose tolerances etc.

But if everyone is having the same issues!!???

I am right handed. I have not noticed any rough marks on the barrel. The sight is only slightly off center but I've just found that different since every stock Glock I've shot was dead on with the sight centered. Not a big deal really. Just curious.

Every glock that I own or have shot has shot to the left with the exception of a glock23 new out of the box was right on, to my suprise. they seem to have that tendency, more so with the stock polygonal barrel than with an aftermarket barrels. Just learn to shoot with it that way.

Every Glock I have shot needed the rear sight moved to the right or I would shoot left. I figure it's the weird grip angle and trigger that is an unnatural fit and probably causes me to push to the left. I don't have that problem with other guns. I always wondered whose hand Glock used to design their grip. Were they human?

My Dawson's are a tad bit to the right also! When the gunsmith installed them the whole rear sight was abit over to the right, but the gun was right on! Being a picky person I tapped them over to center them. Which caused the gun to shoot to the left and after resighting it in the sight it adjusted over to the right. All that effort to make them look centered was for nothing. :angry:

Duane Thomas has stated on this forum, that Richard Heinie designs his Glock sights with this in mind.

I happen to have a set on my G35 right here...and my calipers. Looks like DT is correct. The notch in the Heine rear sights is slightly off-center...to compensate.

Then again. Before anybody makes too much out of this, I'd request that you shoot your gun with you off hand. See if the groups move to the other side of the target. ;)

Edited by Flexmoney

Duane Thomas has stated on this forum, that Richard Heinie designs his Glock sights with this in mind.

I happen to have a set on my G35 right here...and my calipers. Looks like DT is correct. The notch in the Heine rear sights is slightly off-center...to compensate.

Then again. Before anybody makes too much out of this, I'd request that you shoot your gun with you off hand. See if the groups move to the other side of the target. ;)

Tried that and same results :)

I guess it's also not much of a problem. I am just really curious what causes this.... :huh:

All of mine are drifted to the right. I am right handed and left eyed. I tried shooting my friends STI that he shoots right on, I am no where in the ball park. I figure it is the way my eyes and mind see the sight picture, anyway, it works for me.

Edited by rstandley