Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dtc06 - Forum Get Together?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, there's like three McBrides in WF... Make sure you talk to the folks t the one "downtown". Think its the McBrides Land and Cattle Company off 5th?

Good tip :D This is my first trip up, so... I wouldn't have known any better, and we'd have all been off in some cow pasture somewhere or something :lol:

Is this the place???

Which night?? Friday..what times ??

The one mentioned on the DoubleTap web page is Fat McBrides Steaks - 4537 Maplewood - 692-0250. I guess I need to know which one is the right one, too ;)

We're thinking Friday night, start gathering there around 7-ish??? Check-in/registration/reception for the match ends at 8pm - is 7 too early, given that??

Dave... eerw got it right. It's the one on Scott St:

McBride Land & Cattle Co.

Steakhouse

501 Scott

Wichita Falls, TX 76301

(940) 322-2516

It doesn't matter to me what time we set really.... The only deal with 1900hrs is that you are probably guaranteeing that Robert (scorch) and whoever he has working registration at the (range/hotel?) won't be able to make it.

Dave... eerw got it right. It's the one on Scott St:

Ok, cool. Thanks :)

It doesn't matter to me what time we set really.... The only deal with 1900hrs is that you are probably guaranteeing that Robert (scorch) and whoever he has working registration at the (range/hotel?) won't be able to make it.

We're definitely not locked in on a start time. My thinking was that there are going to be a mix of folks there - some will have shot on Friday, and some are shooting the next morning, early (and some will have shot and will be driving a clipboard the next morning, early :lol: ). I didn't want to put us into the "too late" zone for the folks who are going to shoot the next day. I'm definitely open to moving it later.

What's the format of the restraunt? Is it the kind of place people could show up later than others, and still get served OK and all that? Or do we all need to get there at roughly the same time? If we set the time at 8, does that allow Robert, et al, to get there, but still allow us to get done early enough for those that want plenty of rest?

Tell me what works - and I'll make it happen! :lol::D

Edited by XRe

What's the format of the restraunt? Is it the kind of place people could show up later than others, and still get served OK and all that? Or do we all need to get there at roughly the same time? If we set the time at 8, does that allow Robert, et al, to get there, but still allow us to get done early enough for those that want plenty of rest?

We had an interesting experience there last year. The locals were much more "dressed up" than we were. They stuck us in a seperate room and we felt a bit out of place. The food was pretty good. I'm sure if you tell them what you're trying to do, they'll be able to accomodate you.

-Chet

P3190106.jpg

P3190103.jpg

Edited by DJPoLo

Chet, that must have been last year at the DTC? Cuz they treated us great this past fall at the NTS... I for one, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Of course, hanging out with you guys, I'd have fun anyway. :)

Dave... Like Kurt, (and you) I will be doing the clip board thing Friday thru Sunday, so time isn't an issue to me one way or the other... Sorry... I don't mean to complicate a simple process... Though I seem to be fairly adept at just that. ;)

Perhaps the "further out of town SHOOTERS" who are coming should have a bit more weight on the when part.

Chet's pictures are from the McBrides that was along the road out to the range from the hotel, not the one we are going to........... Or at least that is what it looked like to me..... having eaten at both, and vaguely remembering that meal where Chet took those pictures Saturday night.

Edited by BigLucky

Chet's pictures are from the McBrides that was along the road out to the range from the hotel, not the one we are going to........... and vaguely remembering that meal where Chet took those pictures Saturday night.

And do you vaguely remember dancing on the table with your shirt off? :lol:

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

• 3 weeks later...

I'm planning on being there. Hopefully I'll be in a good mood after shooting my second major match, first with an Open gun. But I'm planning on sticking around for the rest of the match, so Scorch can let me know where I can help.

I'll be calling the restraunt this week, and see about getting a room or table or something set aside for us ;) Post here on this thread if you can make it (if you haven't already) so I can get some semblance of a count :)

I'll be calling the restraunt this week, and see about getting a room or table or something set aside for us ;) Post here on this thread if you can make it (if you haven't already) so I can get some semblance of a count :)

Ok I can't we have to wait for Stuart untill 5pm leaving San Antoino so I will be missing out on Friday night. :( I never get to have any fun at all ;) oh wait I always have fun ...just not Friday night

Jamie

Chet that photo is from the "other McBrides" Seafood and Steaks on seymour hwy.

Dave me and the better half will be There if we can get out of registration in time. should be there shortly after 8pm.

Edited by scorch

Dave me and the better half will be There if we can get out of registration in time. should be there shortly after 8pm.

I'll make sure they know we'll have some stragglers :)

Dave... As I said, I'll definitely be there. Again, McBride's Land and Cattle company downtown.

At the Sectional we ended up having about 5 more than the 10 or so Carina initially reserved for... They are pretty flexible though... nice folks.

Hello,

Count three more for Friday night. We will be driving in middle day friday from New Mexico.

Look forward to meeting new faces and seeing some old faces from Texas limited last year.

Thanks,

Damon

Yuppers, I'm there Friday night at Scott Street 8pm....

Geezer Lock - too funny - aiming fluid! A friend of mine never used to bother with a menu, he always just asked the waiter/waitress for "Meat flavored food and fruit flavored drink!"