Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seeking holster suggestions for a G34.

lowtech

I don't usually use a glock, but I have one in the safe that belongs to a friend of mine and he is using the Hellweg #2630 K-Series. It is the same as I use for my STI and it works real fast. $80 I think from Brownells.

Try & see. Or email BrianE and he has a ripper selection of Safariland.

I just ordered a kt-1 from Kytac.  It's my third Kytac holster.

When I was using my SIG in production, I found the sooperhooper by kytac to be very fast...improved my draw time.

Basically, the kt-1 is the sooperhooper with a speed cut...okay for USPSA but not IDPA...but then, I don't shoot my 34 in that.  http://www.kytac.com/page11.html

I was considering the Hellwig but chose not too.  Something about the whole setup was not appealing.

(Edited by vluc at 5:48 am on June 13, 2002)

For production shooting, get a Blade Tech or an Uncle Mikes.  With some small hand tools and hardware store parts, you can "customize" the fit, rake, etc.  You can't beat the price, speed or the security.  FWIW, I actually opened up my Uncle Mikes with some aluminum standoffs.  It's still plenty secure, but eliminated that "grabbing" feel when you draw at a slightly wrong angle.  

E

I use the Uncle Mike's for production, but it does not cover the muzzle on a G34 which was one of the requirements listed.  That is, unless they now make one that does and I'm just not aware of it.  

So we're going to require this guy to buy a holster that's $60 more expensive just to prevent the competitive "advantage" of 1/2" of exposed muzzle?  Rules are important, but this is a little over the edge.

E

Quote: from cpty1 on 2:16 pm on June 13, 2002

I use the Uncle Mike's for production, but it does not cover the muzzle on a G34 which was one of the requirements listed.   

Listed where? I can only find that competition holsters of the racegun type are specifically not allowed. (From Appendix E Production Division note j.)

Its been my understanding that a holster that is IDPA legal will be USPSA Production legal. Has something changed lately?

I have used and seen used numerous holsters that do no cover the muzzle. If they are not allowed why?

Why does it matter in any case???

I have used, for years, a Hellweg 220A. Which holds the pistol at what seems to be know as a FBI cant pointing slightly rearwards. The slide and barrel of the pistol goes completely through the bottom of the holster. It means you can use the same holster for Officers model through to 6" Longslide, as long as it is of the same make or style.

I can drive with my Stainless Para P13 on my belt, no problems. So going afield is not a hassle.

Hope this helps.

Quote: from lowtech on 8:55 pm on June 13, 2002

I was the one who listed a full length/muzzeled covered holster.  Although this is a compition gun it will be carried afield.

[Humble Pie Mode ON]

Sorry, I thought you meant that you were trying to abide by some "production/IDPA" holster requirement.

...mmmmm....tasty pie....

E

Quote: from lowtech on 9:55 pm on June 13, 2002

I was the one who listed a full length/muzzeled covered holster.  Although this is a compition gun it will be carried afield.

Thanks for the input guys.

lowtech,

i had been using a blade-tech ladies/drop/offset for my g17.  when i got the g34, i just continued using the same holster, until my new one from cen-dex was done.  i like this one better, it doesn't drop as low, or kick out as much, which makes it easier to conceal.

sara

I just started to consider "drop out holsters" is there any USPSA rules that conflict with this type? I am aware of the Production rule about 50mm from the body or torso and about it being worn behind the  center hip bone.  

Kathy,

BladeTech just recently came out with injection molded holsters to compete with Uncle Mike's and Fobus.   The $65 are thermoformed from sheet stock - a much more expensive process.  The injection molded holsters are every bit as good, so there's no reason to pay the premium.

E