Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA MR. Bullet feeder dropping TWO

Ran out of the coated 124rn I've been using for the past 5K rounds.  Feeder was 100%.

Have some RMR 124 HP's and I can't get it to stop dropping two bullets often.  It's not 100% dropping TWO.  i've run through the adjustments.  Backed it out to where it's JUST dropping the bullet.  

Idea's on troubleshooting? I've watched the videos i could find and tried everything.... If I have too, I'll just tough it out until I get through this 1K and go back to coated 124's....

42 minutes ago, Chutist said:

Ran out of the coated 124rn I've been using for the past 5K rounds.  Feeder was 100%.

Have some RMR 124 HP's and I can't get it to stop dropping two bullets often.  It's not 100% dropping TWO.  i've run through the adjustments.  Backed it out to where it's JUST dropping the bullet.  

Idea's on troubleshooting? I've watched the videos i could find and tried everything.... If I have too, I'll just tough it out until I get through this 1K and go back to coated 124's....

When mine was dropping two, it was due to side pressure on the spring which prevents the dropper from going straight up & down.  I added a couple of "split clamp on shaft collars" as weights.  Also since my bullet hopper is mounted on the wall, I had to use a cable tie to get the correct spring alignment.

image.png.bebf8f20e2eb1eeba92a7377378e028b.png

image.png.355e9ecaddcaf7df9a7b70402a68556e.png

Thanks, I'll look but the spring has the same routing it's had for the duration and moved fine with the coated RN.  I know mine is touching the powder measure which DAA says is a no-no but it was fine...  I think the shape of this bullet and the slickness of the copper is part of it compared to coated. 

This is my last 1K of bullets and SPP. Just loading because they are on hand.  😉

Scary looking at the spring tied to the powder measure. I can  tell you that ive been running Blue Bullets for the last 5 years on my Dillon RL1100 machines that are automated. No issues whatsoever with the coating affecting the bullet dropper. Load safe have a great week. 

Edited by Johnnymazz

My guess is you'll either have to go with the different bearings height or mess with the die itself, mine was also dolropping two when I switched over to my 9 major jhp, about a half turn out of the toolhead and it's solved.

You need to readjust the die until only one drops out.  Remove the spring and the switch and fill the plastic tube with some bullets.  Adjust the die up and down until only one bullet drops.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've adjusted the die multiple times, it's still doing it. 🙄

Moved the feeder to reposition the spring to insure no tension or side load. 

Pulled it all apart and cleaned it.

Still no joy.... 

I'm just dealing with it.  1050 is 25+ years old now.  I guess it and the feeder having issues isn't unexpected with that much time on them.

Edited by Chutist

11 hours ago, Stmark73 said:

I have a Dillon S1050. Did this mod and it stopped the double bullet drops. Don’t even have to adjust the dropper even if I change bullet profiles.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/dropper-tensioning-spring-assembly.

I have something similar, can’t remember who made it.

MarkS

Those springs accomplish the same thing as the shaft collar weights that I posted in the 1st pic.  Some reloaders use rubber bands for the same purpose which is to overcome any side tension and get the dropper to return quickly so it only drops one bullet.

On 9/15/2024 at 10:42 PM, Stmark73 said:

I have a Dillon S1050. Did this mod and it stopped the double bullet drops. Don’t even have to adjust the dropper even if I change bullet profiles.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/dropper-tensioning-spring-assembly.

I have something similar, can’t remember who made it.

MarkS

Ordered, worth a try! 😉

From the reviews - I'm not the only one with the problem and many of the reviews point out this part should just be included. 🙄