Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TAURUS 692 Executive Grade 9mm?

yeh, have no idea what Taurus is doing,, like every gun they make misses the point.  They seem to be putting alot of money into sponsoring revolver matches, while not having a gun suitable for a revolver match.. 
I mean the 608 could be really close, they have an in house revolver optic mount, and some guns are cut for moons.. All the need to do is put it all together.
Keep the ports add the optic mount, cut for moons and the 608 would be a ready to go open gun. 

About 30 years ago, Taurus tried to gain a foothold in the realm of competition shooting--even sponsoring a few shooters, including Tom Drazy who was running Taurus revolvers.  I should say that Tom was trying to run Taurus revolvers, because he had endless problems trying to keep the guns functional.  

At the WRC side match the optic on one of the 2 Taurus guns kept dying.  And man was that trigger nasty, just like a stock 617.

Didn’t stop Rich from crushing it however.

28 minutes ago, MikeyScuba said:

At the WRC side match the optic on one of the 2 Taurus guns kept dying.  And man was that trigger nasty, just like a stock 617.

Didn’t stop Rich from crushing it however.

Agree to disagree. I didn’t find it bad. Like you said certainly no worse than a smith outta the box. I got it after it was oiled. My 66-8 acts the same way when shot like that Taurus was. Like the Taurus oil down the yoke fixes it up. 

I sent my cert in last week for my “executive” Taurus Revo and I’d be lying to see how their premium line compares to Smith’s PC.

I dig on Taurus like everyone else but I can’t tell you the last time I bought a Smith that wasn’t severely messed up (canted barrel, crown job that could only be done while drunk with a dremel, hammer hitting the frame, etc., etc.)

You have a point. All I ever shoot are my open 2011s and tuned 929’s.  

To be honest most of my 929’s I bought from  James who gave them to Dave O to do his magic and I then imported them.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what it is, but  Taurus is dropping something in 8 shot, and moonclip ready in September.
Have not seen anything other than the teaser Caleb dropped on Instagram the other day.
Hoping it will be a 4" or 5" 608 in 9mm. 

On 7/29/2024 at 10:41 AM, JTWjr said:

Not sure what it is, but  Taurus is dropping something in 8 shot, and moonclip ready in September.
Have not seen anything other than the teaser Caleb dropped on Instagram the other day.
Hoping it will be a 4" or 5" 608 in 9mm. 

Got a link to the tease?