Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alabama State Match?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to Mike Gettimy the MD today at this weeks club match. and I can give you most of the details.

The Date are March 24-26 at the Rocket City Pratical Shooters range. For Directions go Here

The match fee will be $125 there will be 8 stages with an approx round count of 180. Prize table.

Match apps will be posted next week some time and will be linked in this thread.

For more information contack Mike Gettmy at 256-316-6141.

I will try and keep this thread updated with the most current info avalable.

Rocket City Pratical Shooters

After finding out about the TN Tri Gun match the same weekend I may have to flip a coin.Is it just me or are a lot of major matches overlapping each other this year?

et45,

Do you have info on the TN tri gumn match? I haven't seen it posted anywhere. Thanks.

After finding out about the TN Tri Gun match the same weekend I may have to flip a coin.Is it just me or are a lot of major matches overlapping each other this year?

et45,

Do you have info on the TN tri gumn match? I haven't seen it posted anywhere. Thanks.

The info and application are at www.ntps.org.It is in Dickson where the TN section match has been for the last 3 years.If the prize table is anything like the section matchs then I may just go there.

Edited by et45

et45,

The info and application are at www.ntps.org.It is in Dickson where the TN section match has been for the last 3 years.If the prize table is anything like the section matchs then I may just go there.

Thanks. I'll post this one on the 3 gun match thread.

All divisions will be represented. More as soon as I get it. Mike (MD) has promised an application by the 21st of January. When I get it. It will go up immediately.

Looking forward to the match. Nice range. Nice folks.

MHearn

Edited by mhearn

Update. Sorta :)

Mike has asked me if I would do the food for the match and I have graciously(if I do say so myself) agreed. While I haven't completely worked out the menu it will prolly be bbq/chicken or something very similar. I also plan on bringing out some of my VERY good but not quite world famious gumbo.

For those of you that are't familar with my food all I can say is... your loss :P But I did the food for the Tactical 3 Gun match that Jeff hosted. That tought me some very important lessons about feeding 3 gunners. Most notiable NEVER and I nean NEVER let Woogie make his own plate.

BTW Mike as told me that the food will be covered by your match fee so get that in fast so you can come and eat my cooking. You may also want to shoot the match since you will be there but that's up to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have the menu done :) it will be something like this. There will be 3 meats, BBQ pork, BBQ chicken, and Chicken and Sausage gumbo/rice. There will be 3 sides Potato salad, Cole Slaw, Some beans(prolly pinto). The shooters will get a choice of one meat and 2 sides. A drink will also be provided.

I will now rank the food in order of yumminess.

1. Gumbo Oh yea it is that good. Slightly spicey but not hot will stick to your ribs and have ya asking for more.

2. BBQ Pork this will be slow smoked( yea it's a pain but it's worth it) and so tender and moist you might not even have to chew. Sause will be on the side I prefer a KC style sause with a little bit of spice.

3. BBQ Chicken. THis will be grilled/smoked the day of the match as chicken doesn't keep/reheat as well as pork. It will be server hot off the grill. Also sause on the side.

Now you know what's for lunch. I sugust that you mix it up a bit and get the gumbo on Sat and your fav BBQ on Sunday. Oh and if you are shooting C Limited you might not want to let the cook know that little tidbit till after you eat :ph34r:

So Get your apps in and lets have a great match

Mark,

What's this I hear about 3 gun or multi-gun at next week's Moss Branch match?

Three gun is on (Moss Branch Saturday 18th).

Just got off the phone with Woogie. Two stages of rifle and two of shotgun after our normal five stage pistol match. The pistol match starts at 10:00. Should help get the blood pumping.

Mike (State Match MD) should be there and we can get the latest news on the state match. I still haven't seen any stages yet.

MHearn

I can't say how many apps have come in but I know that several have. I also know that Mike is still gathering props and stuff. There is a sceduled range day for the 1st weekend in Mar. If you can come help out we would be grateful.

Other than that the range/match seems to shaping up nicely.