Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alpha 3

I have both. The Alpha has a bigger window. Yes the battery trays appear to be identical. 
I have not had any issues with the Alpha. 

Just shot my first match with the Alpha 3 Short Body on Sunday. 6moa dot. Ran great, I really like the field of view. I donhave to dry fire on the 2nd lowest setting, even then it's pretty bright indoors. Had to modify an rts2 mount just a little bit to fit the battery tray door, otherwise it seemed to fit good.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

The battery tray uses the same 2032 battery and is side loading but you cannot use a Alpha 3 V3 battery tray in an RTS3. The tray has been upgraded to be more durable in the Alpha 3 for slide mounted applications.  It now uses screws as well similar to the Romeo 3 max.The Alpha 3 V3 SB uses the same mounting pattern and mount now.

Edited by FTP_Shooting_Sports

battery life didnt last long for me,, and wasnt the easiest to change. Very tiny allen screws.. So make sure along with extra batteries you have the right size allen wrench and a small pry bar to get the tray open in your bag, A magnetic tray to set the screws in so you dont lose them would be handy.. Not a task I would want to do at the range.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Joe4d said:

battery life didnt last long for me,, and wasnt the easiest to change. Very tiny allen screws.. So make sure along with extra batteries you have the right size allen wrench and a small pry bar to get the tray open in your bag, A magnetic tray to set the screws in so you dont lose them would be handy.. Not a task I would want to do at the range.

Did they change up the design? The one I had didn't require any tools to change the battery except a small screwdriver or knife to pop the tray open like the RTS2

ETA: Just went and looked at pics of the new model. I think I had the V1 which had a normal battery tray, not requiring to remove screws. I agree with you on not wanting to have to replace the battery at a match with those tiny screws. 

Edited by xjwalt666

3 hours ago, xjwalt666 said:

Did they change up the design? The one I had didn't require any tools to change the battery except a small screwdriver or knife to pop the tray open like the RTS2

ETA: Just went and looked at pics of the new model. I think I had the V1 which had a normal battery tray, not requiring to remove screws. I agree with you on not wanting to have to replace the battery at a match with those tiny screws. 

Yes the design has changed to harden the sights for slide ride applications. You should always change the batteries before your match which you can do at home :)  

• 1 month later...

I ran an 8moa on two slide ride guns, a p320 and shadow 2. Now it's on my open project gun. 

It works. Maybe 3000 rounds on it slide ride and a few hundred on the open gun. Not very many rounds, so take the experience for what it's worth. Have a match battery to swap in before matches.

Edited by FarmerDanz
Slide ride not side ride haha

• 2 weeks later...

I have several V1 and one V2 and like them. Battery life is not amazing but the crispness of the dot and glass clarity is very good. The new shorter version is excellent for fitment on RTS2 cuts and plates.