Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3/16 A36 steel for 22lr

echotango

2 hours ago, echotango said:

Would 3/16" A36 steel last with 22lr? Trying to find the lightest set up for SC practice. 

1.  A36 is soft.  3/16”.  It will pit and will dent….even by .22lr.  I would not recommend it.

2. Shooting Targets 7 is an excellent company and products.  They are selling 1/4” AR500 steel which is hard steel.  The link is below.  Will last for years.  Good people.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ShootingTargets7 LLC&ludocid=17186582256533709488&ibp=gwp;0,7&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4ncyEh5-EAxVVl2oFHfRLCpIQ_coHegQIMhAB&biw=414&bih=796&dpr=2

I've been down this road. I would get everything 1/4" 500 or 550 and not look back. On down the road you won't have any junk mixed in with your good steel. Like they say "cry once".

7 minutes ago, Gregg K said:

I've been down this road. I would get everything 1/4" 500 or 550 and not look back. On down the road you won't have any junk mixed in with your good steel. Like they say "cry once".

And…..okay for centerfire (no magnum loads).  SC limits PCCO to max 1,600 fps.  Do not weld on the plates.  Loose hanger caps with slotted plates…..you can use both sides of plates.  We have been using slotted plates for years w/o the hook causing any bounce back.  Shooting Targets 7.  Good luck