Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 Worth The Extra 100?

WildWest N AZ

Getting ready to buy anew Glock for Limited use only. I was wanting to buy a G22 and have it built for limited. After talking to afew will known Glock builders they said the 35 is the best platform to start off with? I guess what Im wanting to know is who has 35 and what do they think of it performance wise and do you feel it is abetter gun for limited than the 22? The only bad they Ive ever heard about the 35 is afew people felt it was to long to get the sights lined up but I think thats B.S. !

Getting ready to buy anew Glock for Limited use only. I was wanting to buy a G22 and have it built for limited. After talking to afew will known Glock builders they said the 35 is the best platform to start off with? I guess what Im wanting to know is who has 35 and what do they think of it performance wise and do you feel it is abetter gun for limited than the 22? The only bad they Ive ever heard about the 35 is afew people felt it was to long to get the sights lined up but I think thats B.S. !

I have both a 22 and a 35, I like the 35 for several reasons.

The 35 has a longer sight radius, it comes with the lighter trigger, adjustable sights, exstended slide stop and mag. release.

These are all things you will end up changing on the 22 and still will not have the sight radius.

Good Luck!

I've used both and like my G-35 better for limited. The G-22 beats me to death with major loads. I had shot my 35 for a while and wanted to use the 22 since it had set-up for a while. After 2 matches I broke the 35 back out.

I only have the G-35, but I like it. Lately I've been concentrating on watching the sights in recoil, and I've noticed that the gun raises a lot. I'd imagine that a G-22 would move even more. Of course I shoot factory ammo around 180 PF.

I prefer the G35 as well as does my wife. To me it seems to have a more balanced feel and is pretty well set up as far as the extended controls and adjustable sights and lighter trigger as mentioned earlier. The longer sight radius will always benefit accuracy. There are usually quite a few used ones on the market in good shape. I just bought another one for $500 from a guy that probably only fired around 500-1000 rounds through it! I have made my G22 into an open gun which is working out pretty well also. Long story short, my vote is yes they are worth a little more. ;)

I'm not a master class shooter or anything but I have about 20K rounds through a G17 and 6000 through a G24. So here's my humble opinion. I have been shooting the G-24 in Limited and the G17 in production. I really like the longer gun. A lot of people complain that they are sluggish, but it works for me. My G24 is very soft shooting. The G17 with Winchester White box feels harsher to me than major loads in the G24 and the long sight radius really helps me on longer shots. A G35 would be a good compromise between the two. I thought about trying one myself but then decided to stick to the G24 because it is working out well for me.

I was using a G35 for Limited competition but after trying out a G20 in 40 S&W with 170 PF loads I found the G20 to be a softer shooter than the G35.

My G35 is configured with a full length tungsten guide rod and the NHO Stainless Big Mouth Magazine well amoung other things. The G20 that I used was stock except for the barrel.

I should be picking up my G20 this Friday (10 Day wait in California) and as soon as I receive it will get a Vanek trigger job, Dawson Precision Sights, JP Enterprise Extended Magazine Release and a Brass Seattle Slug. I plan on replacing the Slug with the Dawson Ice Magazine Well for Glock once it becomes available for large framed Glock's.

The following list consists of the empty weights of Glocks Fullsize firearms configured in 40 Caliber.

G24 26.70 oz

G35 24.52 oz

G20 27.68 oz

G22 22.92 oz

Edited by ryucasta

Add 3/4 of an inch to that 35 a get a 24. I have shoot both in Limited and I love my 24. It is an even longer sight radius and with the right load you will have a very soft shooting major limited gun. If you have a chance, shoot one.

I pick mine up on Wednesday! How do you guys like Dawson Precision fiber optic adj sights? Thats my 1st upgrade I hate glock stock sights. IM coming very close to having GlockJockey do some work on my gun. From everthing I read it sounds like they do great work on Glocks. I love the grip job and magwell they offer very slick! :D

Edited by WildWest N AZ

I pick mine up on Wednesday! How do you guys like Dawson Precision fiber optic adj sights? Thats my 1st upgrade I hate glock stock sights. IM coming very close to having GlockJockey do some work on my gun. From everthing I read it sounds like they do great work on Glocks. I love the grip job and magwell they offer very slick! :D

I'm running Dawson fiber optic up front and MMC fixed in the rear. It was an upgrade that was already on the gun. I wanted the Dawsons so finding this setup was a bonus. I agree that sights should be the first upgrade. Generally speaking I don't believe that a lot of custom work is necessary on a G35. Out of the chute they run pretty nicely. Your personal preferences will dictate the upgrades.

I bought a G35 this fall, and started shooting Ltd with it. I had previously been shooting a 1911 in L10.

I really like how easy it is to be one's own "gunsmith" on the Glocks, in that I could add sights (Dawson FO/Heine), trigger job (RSotelo's $50 job), grip tape (Eric's Tru-Grip), swap out the extended slide release for a regular one, etc. I have a G34, as well, and I'll probably buy a G22 upper at some point, so I can mix and match, and have a back-up at matches, since most of the parts are identical.

I'm still more accurate with my 1911's, though -- I tested this again last night....But the point is kinda moot, since I've been doing so much practice with the G35, anything else feels strange when pointing and shooting. I don't know how some folks switch guns from match to match.

I'm also starting to kinda think that it doesn't really matter WHAT one uses, within reason, provided it runs and you practice with it. I've been shooting better recently, and hopefully will move into B class on the next update, or be right there -- can't say a G35 has helped or hurt.

WW IN AZ:

Congrats on your G35. That gun along with a set of Dawson sites is the ticket! I would use that gun in IDPA and USPSA production, but since I carry a G22 daily, I use that instead (it gives me confidence in my ability to use the gun if IT hits the fan).

Do you reload for the G35 or buy factory stuff?