Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

160 grn

Drillbit

You didnt mention 9mm platform. Id worry about them keyholing out of a semi at minor PF,, I have had some 9mm's that couldnt stabalize 147's unless I loaded them faster than I wanted.

For Short colt  in Icore at 125pf,,, the 147's out of a steel 627  recoil is about non existent.. ANy less and the gun would be pushing forward.. I save the coin and do 147's. 

For a 9mm revolver I imagine the slightly longer 160 would have a bit more tension. Some folks have bullet creep issues.  Keep in mind most revolvers tend to do best on .358's which might not chamber in your autoladers.

I have a 929 and a 627. I was going to try them in the 627 with short colts first.  I also have some 158grn. RNFP that I cast myself, powder coated and sized to .357 to try also.      

Edited by Drillbit

I load both 160 Blue and 160 Bayou in 9mm and .38 Short Colt in my 929 and 627 revolvers.

OAL of 1.190 with 3gr of either Clays or Sport Pistol will make mInor in my five inch guns.

Heavier bullets going slower have less recoil than lighter bullets going faster, for the same power factor.

12 hours ago, ysrracer said:

I load both 160 Blue and 160 Bayou in 9mm and .38 Short Colt in my 929 and 627 revolvers.

OAL of 1.190 with 3gr of either Clays or Sport Pistol will make mInor in my five inch guns.

Heavier bullets going slower have less recoil than lighter bullets going faster, for the same power factor.

So you don't have any problems running the same loads in the 9mm as you do the short coalts.

39 minutes ago, Drillbit said:

So you don't have any problems running the same loads in the 9mm as you do the short coalts.

Me, no. They have very similar internal capacity. My two revolvers have the same barrel diameter even though one is .357 and one is 9mm.

Smith uses the same barrel in the 627 and 929.

Semi autos may be different.