Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder comparison

Runswithwood1

I got some AA#7 with my Garmin Xero from Grafs using the notify me when in stock feature. About 4 weeks ago.

Powder Valley and Midsouth seem to have it off and on also.

I have used AA7, SWMP and Power PIstol. Power Pistol maxed out right at 164/165 and would get and faster. AA7 and SWMP has about the same for me, (9.5-10gr) and both perform the same. SW is less expensive so it won.

I’ve heard swmp and aa7 are the same but apparently swmp 9major with 115gr even at the same charge has more pressure than aa7. I don’t recall what the program is that measures that but maybe someone can confirm? 

5 hours ago, Shmella said:

I’ve heard swmp and aa7 are the same but apparently swmp 9major with 115gr even at the same charge has more pressure than aa7. I don’t recall what the program is that measures that but maybe someone can confirm? 

Shooters world major varied greatly by lot.  Some lots were faster.  Some slower.   At least one lot was so slow you just about couldn't make major with it in some configurations of gun.

But so long as you could get enough of one lot it wasn't that big if a deal (just work up your load and pay attention to what the brass was telling you.

Edited by caspian guy