Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For $4000 is there anything better than the MPA DS9 LOC for Limited Optics?

Bentron

6 hours ago, RobW said:

The MPA is nicer than the Air, but that impression probably has more to do with the stock polymer grip on the Air and a "more custom" aluminum grip on the MPA. The MPA grip fits my hand absolutely perfectly as well. I bought my BUL armory I think in 2020 if that matters. I bought my Brazos two years ago and IIRC I waited about 12-13 weeks from order to delivery.

Thanks!👍🏻

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/15/2024 at 10:54 PM, EvilNuff said:

Just received my Vudoo Priest today, only had the chance to put about 70 rounds through it but very impressed so far.  Definitely something for folks to consider.

what was your wait time for the priest ? Did you go with the hybrid grip ? Thanks 

12 hours ago, AndyID said:

Still torn on the MPA and the Vudoo Priest. 

I prefer the looks and optic mount on the Vudoo, but wish it was DLC coated like the MPA.

Do you have any confirmation that the MPA is DLC?

4 hours ago, Eli_a said:

what was your wait time for the priest ? Did you go with the hybrid grip ? Thanks 

About 16 weeks, longer than they estimated for sure but part was over Xmas time so that may have slowed things.  I did the aggressive steel grip.  Happy to share pics via PM if you are interested (so as to not clog this thread off-topic).

6 hours ago, ddc said:

Do you have any confirmation that the MPA is DLC?

6 hours ago, Seakphotog said:

MPA's website says black nitride.

Correct! I was wrong about that. Still prefer that to cerakote.

8 hours ago, Eli_a said:

I ordered a Priest with the aggressive steel grip on the last day of November and was told 12 weeks . Got a update and new completed date is by the 7th of March 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 6:40 PM, stock said:

I ordered a Priest with the aggressive steel grip on the last day of November and was told 12 weeks . Got a update and new completed date is by the 7th of March 

Did you end up getting your Priest ?

On 3/21/2024 at 10:53 AM, Eli_a said:

Did you end up getting your Priest ?

Still waiting,  I was told two - three more weeks  on March 8.  So hopefully by the end of the month.  Not holding my breath 

Edited by stock

200rd into my LOC and have been very pleased.  The S3 grip is extremely sharp, much more significant than my Cheely Aggressive grip on my STI.  Side by side with a Std DS9 Hybrid the difference is noticeable and slide to frame fitment is comparable with more expensive atlas and venom builds.

If you're looking at a DS9, the upcharge to the LOC is a solid value in my opinion.

--BF

9 hours ago, Bfrisk72 said:

200rd into my LOC and have been very pleased.  The S3 grip is extremely sharp, much more significant than my Cheely Aggressive grip on my STI.  Side by side with a Std DS9 Hybrid the difference is noticeable and slide to frame fitment is comparable with more expensive atlas and venom builds.

If you're looking at a DS9, the upcharge to the LOC is a solid value in my opinion.

--BF

Glad you are happy with it. I've got about 1350 rounds through my DS9 IDPA with no ammo-related issues at all. The only issue I've had is that the rear "tangs" of the ambi safety extend just a hair below the beavertail when the safety is on and bite into my firing hand. MPA had me send back the safety and they are going to blend it some more to fix the issue.

I have the A3 grip which is pretty aggressive, most people who feel it don't like it but I do. In fact when I shot my Sig P320 X5 at a match this past weekend the gun felt slippery in my hand and I had put silicon carbide on that grip. My hands have gotten used to the "bite" of the A3 grip.

9 hours ago, Bfrisk72 said:

--BF

There’s nothing comparable on the MPA to Venom. I’ve had plenty of MPA in my shop. Not saying it’s a bad gun for the money but like I said.. I’ve had many in the shop. 

Edited by donnyglock

4 hours ago, donnyglock said:

There’s nothing comparable on the MPA to Venom. I’ve had plenty of MPA in my shop. Not saying it’s a bad gun for the money but like I said.. I’ve had many in the shop. 

Rereading that now Don I believe I misrepresented the intent of my comments.  I wanted to place the LOC as a good value piece with fit and finish closer to higher end builds ($6K+) versus lower price point options say Prodigy and STI DVC ($1500-$3000).  It wasn't meant as an apples to apples.

15 minutes ago, Bfrisk72 said:

Rereading that now Don I believe I misrepresented the intent of my comments.  I wanted to place the LOC as a good value piece with fit and finish closer to higher end builds ($6K+) versus lower price point options say Prodigy and STI DVC ($1500-$3000).  It wasn't meant as an apples to apples.

I can definitely appreciate that. I may have been a little sensitive on that one. Ok, a bit of a biotch. lol. 

On 2/26/2024 at 11:04 PM, AndyID said:

Still torn on the MPA and the Vudoo Priest. 

I prefer the looks and optic mount on the Vudoo, but wish it was DLC coated like the MPA.

I went with the vudoo. The entire thing's stainless so I'm not so worried about scuffing the cerakote. Big deciding factor for me was getting a cheely e2 with it at a better price.

On 1/24/2024 at 11:12 PM, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Has anyone tried, or heard anything about the Stealth Arms Platypus? For about $1500 with an aluminum grip and takes Glock magazines it seems decent but I haven’t seen much about it. One downside may be that it doesn’t have a plate system, just a direct mount option. 

They're pretty fantastic for the cost, doubly so now that their grip textures have been updated and are finally aggressive enough for my taste. Weight CoM is a bit different than a full steel, but besides that I'm a huge fan. Direct mount RMR is a positive in my book.

19 hours ago, jhowert33 said:

I think a ported MPA is my next purchase for sure.

I bought both barrels when I ordered my DS9 IDPA pistol. Only have about 450 rounds through the ported barrel so far. Definitely prefer the 124s over the 147s with that barrel. 

1 hour ago, Douglee25 said:

What is the thought on having two barrels? 

I bought the ported barrel so I can use it in IDPA CO if I want to. Figured it made more sense to buy both when I ordered the pistol rather than have one fit afterwards. The incremental cost was not that much, a few hundred bucks.

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

Ported is not legal in USPSA Limited Optics but would be in IDPA Carry Optics

24 minutes ago, LHshooter said:

I bought the ported barrel so I can use it in IDPA CO if I want to. Figured it made more sense to buy both when I ordered the pistol rather than have one fit afterwards. The incremental cost was not that much, a few hundred bucks.

Thanks guys.