Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited optics half a year later

RJH

11 hours ago, ringram said:

Easily forseen and good to see.

LO is differentiated from CO already.

CO (aka production optics) = Production Gun with optic, no SAO gamer guns.

LO = Gamer guns with optics.

From the governing international body of IPSC (Yes, that includes USPSA as the regional franchise owner of IPSC)

"Can I use my 1911 style SA pistol in Production Division?

No. Single-action (1911) style pistols currently dominate Open, Standard and Classic Divisions. Production Division was created to accommodate all other styles."

well that would make sense if production guns were actually production, rather than only limited by a couple meaningless criteria.. .
be interested to see big match results combined over some time where CO and LO shoot head to head.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Joe4d said:

be interested to see big match results combined over some time where CO and LO shoot head to head.

its not really that interesting. sa trigger and magwell is worth a percent or two at best, far less than the diff between a good day and a really good day. the real reason to have separate divisions is that no one will shoot anything except custom 2011s in any division where they are allowed.

fwiw, a co shooter took the overall at A1 yesterday, beating the 2022 open national champ.

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

its not really that interesting. sa trigger and magwell is worth a percent or two at best, far less than the diff between a good day and a really good day. the real reason to have separate divisions is that no one will shoot anything except custom 2011s in any division where they are allowed.

fwiw, a co shooter took the overall at A1 yesterday, beating the 2022 open national champ.

I just looked at that score, that's pretty interesting. They shot the same time to within less than a second, jh had slightly less points because of minor, even though he was considerably more accurate, but AE had four mikes and that basically cost him the overall. Obviously that don't always hold true because of where the misses come and such, but if you had a hit factor for the total time and total points of the match it would work out the same way it did. One other interesting thing I noticed is their life membership numbers are consecutive

14 minutes ago, RJH said:

I just looked at that score, that's pretty interesting. They shot the same time to within less than a second, jh had slightly less points because of minor, even though he was considerably more accurate, but AE had four mikes and that basically cost him the overall. Obviously that don't always hold true because of where the misses come and such, but if you had a hit factor for the total time and total points of the match it would work out the same way it did. One other interesting thing I noticed is their life membership numbers are consecutive

both are also gentlemen and they work hard at reset.

even crazier to me is gianni in 3rd shooting limited, especially with all the distractions he had as co-md and stage builder.