Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Positive Feed Powder Baffle

Looks like you dropped a shop rag in there. Anything should work as long as the powder psi stays the same above the rotor. My old Hollywood measure had a flat plastic plate with a 5/16 hole in it and it worked fine. 

Fill the hopper at least 2/3 full. Throw ten powder charges and dump them back into the hopper. Weigh the next ten charges and write them down. Now add the second baffle and repeat this. Does your weight variation increase, decrease, or stay the same? Keep in mind most powder scales are accurate to within +/- .1 grain. 

45 minutes ago, dillon said:

Fill the hopper at least 2/3 full. Throw ten powder charges and dump them back into the hopper. Weigh the next ten charges and write them down. Now add the second baffle and repeat this. Does your weight variation increase, decrease, or stay the same? Keep in mind most powder scales are accurate to within +/- .1 grain. 

I did exactly this test when I was given an aftermarket baffle from a guy in the PHX area. There was zero difference between the stock Dillon power feed and the same feeder with the baffle installed. The stock device held +/- 0.1 gr and so did the baffle. But, it did make it more difficult to dump the powder from the tube so if that's what you are after, go for it. 

This test was measuring for pistol loads using N320. YMMV

• 2 weeks later...