Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tennis elbow?????

Npoulson

Not sure if this goes here. Several months ago i woke up and my arm was sore. It came out of nowhere it seems. It has been pretty tolerable for the most part, up until about a week ago. We had our last outdoor match and prior to that i noticed about weds during work and dryfire it was a lot more painful. Fast forward to the match and i could not preform to the level i usually do. I shot about 15% below my current level. Im not sure how to go about fixing it. A lot of other guys said they have dealt with it, most stated it just went away but took a long time. I don’t really want to go into off months and do nothing. At the moment i been doing 3-5 reps and taking long breaks in between. Any suggestions???

Both tennis elbow and golfers elbow are possible in our sport.  (Ask me how I know!) They are each a form of tendonitis which is an inflammation of the tendon at the connection to a joint.  Rest from the activity along with a good antiinflammatory agent usually helps.  An ice pack is generally recommended.  You can also try a compression sleeve for your elbow and/or a compression brace.  Either is generally available at any good sporting goods store.  And yeah, it can hurt like a female dog!  Good luck.

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

I've had this a couple times.  The best way to get over it is to do light sets of forearm and reverse forearm curls with dumbbells.  Like 3, 7 and 10 pounds for sets of 15.  

Yup, higher reps with low weight.👍

On 11/22/2023 at 7:41 AM, shred said:

I've been doing these exercises since getting elbow & arm pain a couple years back and it works.   Try removing a thumbrest if you have one too.  Mine definitely made the elbow worse.

Shooter's Elbow (aka Tennis Elbow / Golfer's Elbow)

This is my go to when I have issues. Very effective for me. 

• 1 month later...