Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What bore sighters are people using?

Speedwagon

I did a search and the only results that came up are 20 years old.

I'm looking to buy a bore sighter for my 9MM to sight in a red dot and I'm looking for recommendations from people that have used them. I see some on Amazon but tend to stay away from them because it seems their inexpensive merchandise usually is junk. 

One that looks interesting is the Laserlyte. Is it worth it to spend this much on one or just get it close with a more in expensive one and fine tune it at the range?

Looking for ideas...thanks!

have never had the need for one, for bolt or AR I just pulled the bolt and sight down the barrel, which will get you on paper at 50. 1 shot, adjust, now on paper at 100.
For handguns ? A full size target should have you on paper at about 10 yards if everything is mounted properly.
Your gonna have to fine tune anyways,,, these things might save you a couple shots here and there,,, and If they are really consistent be handy for verifying after travel that nothing happened... Although I wonder how perfect they can be after being removed and reinstalled.

44 minutes ago, SnipTheDog said:

I used one of the cheap Amazon laser in a bullet things.  Worked great.  Shined it down a dark hallway and aligned my G34 optic just fine.

I bought several of those for my guys.  Quick fix if you can't get to the range.

I still use the old magnetic SightMark I've had for a couple decades.  Snaps onto the muzzle of any steel barrel and is a nice quick-check when travelling.  Biggest downside is it doesn't work so well on titanium comps.

I use a Site-Lite STL-100 for long guns. It works great. I never even considered one for handguns. Just shoot at a big target, up close and adjust as necessary. 

I suppose if I wanted one for handguns  the cartridge type would work plenty good enough to get you on paper. I guess I could also use my Site-Lite, but just never thought of it.