Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA BOD Minutes 23rd October, 2023

BritinUSA

Minutes: https://uspsa.org/documents/minutes/20231023.pdf

Amongst approved items is a polygraph test for BOD members to identify internal leaks. This may run afoul of Delaware law that could restrict the use of such devices for employees, not sure of the BOD are considered employees though they do receive an expense account. There is also the issue of the WhistleBlower protections administered by the Department of Labor.

From January 2024 the USPSA Magazine will no longer be shipped to Foreign Nationals. This may have repercussions as some foreign members may only have joined to get the magazine as not many of them travel to USA for matches, though some may shoot USPSA classifiers overseas.

Nationals Report. 1604 Competitors shot at one or more Nationals, I think thats about 5% of the membership.

1. Carry Optics Largest Single Division Nationals – 500 (427 in 2022)
  2. Open Division was the 2nd largest Division – 282 (244 in 2022) -
  3. PCC Division – 162 (148 in 2022)
  4. Limited Division – 136 (139 in 2022)
  5. Limited Optics – 140 
  6. Production – 104 (108 in 2022)
  7. Single Stack – 61 (154 in 2022)
  8. Revolver – 29 (39 in 2022)
  9. L10 – 3 (76 in 2022)

Edited by BritinUSA

I really wish the BOD would stop worrying about comments made on the Internet and just focus on things that matter.

It seems they spend an extraordinary amount of time worrying about what is said about them than anything else.

Fact of the matter there is a very small percentage of membership who even know who is on the board and even less that read any of the "leaks." The BOD is wasting a lot of time focusing on that which then just gives even more fodder for ridicule.

That doesn't mean that the comments are without warrant but if the BOD stops worrying about the "Internet" comments that forces more communication directly. Not saying I trust they listen to that much but doing a polygraph because things get out on the Internet is fairly immature and paranoid.

52 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Nationals Report. 1604 Competitors shot at one or more Nationals, I think thats about 5% of the membership.

I'm assuming that's total entries and not unique shooters. Several people probably shot more than one nationals so the number is likely less that 1600.

14 minutes ago, truespode said:

It seems they spend an extraordinary amount of time worrying about what is said about them than anything else.

They're giving it power by fighting it so much. The best thing they could do is be completely transparent. You can't leak things if it's already available to everyone. And like you said, most people wouldn't care enough to look at the information anyway. All this noise just make people think the must be a fire creating all this smoke. 

1 hour ago, BritinUSA said:

Amongst approved items is a polygraph test for BOD members to identify internal leaks. This may run afoul of Delaware law that could restrict the use of such devices for employees, not sure of the BOD are considered employees though they do receive an expense account. There is also the issue of the WhistleBlower protections administered by the Department of Labor.

Thats pretty nutty, actually. 

poly graphs are as accurate as reading goat entrails,,,
Any one that actually follows these guys and still sends them money is part of the problem.  Serious,, STOP renewing, STOP paying match fees, MD STOP sending money in...  DO look to form a new IPSC USA org,, 
Crimeinal activity by the existing BOD should be more than enough to get the current USPSA org booted from IPSC

A new USIPSC.org could be set up, though to be honest I'm not sure how to go about that. Once set UP it could petition IPSC to transfer the regional directorate away from USPSA.

I don't think it would impact USPSA too much, but at least it would give competitors a viable alternative.

32 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Crimeinal activity by the existing BOD should be more than enough to get the current USPSA org booted from IPSC

I'm not sure if the BOD's actions reach the level of criminality, that may be a stretch and potentially libelous. I disagree strongly with how the org is being run, and the decisions that have been made since 2016.

Crimeinal activity by the existing BOD...

Unless you can prove it in court, do not post slanderous crap like that again.

We all get that you don't like USPSA, Joe. In which case, just leave it alone.

Closed.

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

poly graphs are as accurate as reading goat entrails,,,
Any one that actually follows these guys and still sends them money is part of the problem.  Serious,, STOP renewing, STOP paying match fees, MD STOP sending money in...  DO look to form a new IPSC USA org,, 

Learn how to spell criminal or don't post.