Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C&H Precision Comp Red Dot?

ddc

I believe Ben Stoger recently enforced it. 

I’ll pass, it’s a made to order red dot from an unknown company making multiple brand red dots. 

3moa is not too small for a a pistol. This is also more of a preference for pistols than anything else. 

18 hours ago, Twilk73 said:

I believe Ben Stoger recently enforced it. 

I’ll pass, it’s a made to order red dot from an unknown company making multiple brand red dots. 

3moa is not too small for a a pistol. This is also more of a preference for pistols than anything else. 

Enforced? Endorsed maybe? I'm assuming phone messed it up but want to make sure I know what you're saying.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about C&H, and I've had less than stellar dealings with them myself. I'd probably avoid this optic, at least for now. 

The most intriguing optic to me right now is the 507comp. Huge window and moderately priced. I hope they release a 407comp with less reticle options and a lower price tag. Being able to buy two holosuns for about the money of one Sig or Trijicon optic is pretty appealing. I did see Steoger say similar about the 507, that for the money and what it offers he'll start using that over the SRO. Opinions may change if they don't hold up.

3 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

Enforced? Endorsed maybe? I'm assuming phone messed it up but want to make sure I know what you're saying.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about C&H, and I've had less than stellar dealings with them myself. I'd probably avoid this optic, at least for now. 

The most intriguing optic to me right now is the 507comp. Huge window and moderately priced. I hope they release a 407comp with less reticle options and a lower price tag. Being able to buy two holosuns for about the money of one Sig or Trijicon optic is pretty appealing. I did see Steoger say similar about the 507, that for the money and what it offers he'll start using that over the SRO. Opinions may change if they don't hold up.

I've heard a bunch of stories also.

I did order an optics plate from them for my P320. 

The right side screws interfered with the extractor.

Called them up and they said that there must have been a bad batch of screws and that all current production had the correct screw length.

Then for the next year or more over on the SigTalk forum there were constant complaints about the screw interference issue.

So that "bad screws" and "current production ok" was a bunch of ....

Just checking Amazon the 507 is at $309 and the C&H is at $262.

Not enough of a difference to entice me to gamble on the C&H.

I have had issues with the original version of the 507 and Holosun was pain free for a warranty replacement.

Upon reflection I have lost interest in the C&H until the story changes.