Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Impact Machine Prodigy Plates in Stock

OPENB

Pretty sure they are or were Blem versions but I snagged one also and I’m content with it. Still waiting on a 507 Comp to show up, but the fit and finish of the plate is up to par with all expectations and looks like it flares out from the slide to the optic dimensions cleanly. Replaces u notch rear sight with a square notch rear of same height. Also comes with two sets of different length screws for trijicon or for holosun mounting. For $70 it’s a win. 

31 minutes ago, Kevrend said:

Pretty sure they are or were Blem versions but I snagged one also and I’m content with it. Still waiting on a 507 Comp to show up, but the fit and finish of the plate is up to par with all expectations and looks like it flares out from the slide to the optic dimensions cleanly. Replaces u notch rear sight with a square notch rear of same height. Also comes with two sets of different length screws for trijicon or for holosun mounting. For $70 it’s a win. 

Nice, mine arrives today.

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2023 at 11:22 AM, tt350z said:

Just got this guy in and mounted up. Happy with it for the $70 paid. One of the mounting holes is a tiny bit off center but didn't cause me any grief mounting it up. 

The Springfield plate is a bit nicer but definitely not $59 nicer. IM shipped super fast and came with extra screws for different optics.

6 hours ago, mmchambers06 said:

Just got this guy in and mounted up. Happy with it for the $70 paid. One of the mounting holes is a tiny bit off center but didn't cause me any grief mounting it up. 

The Springfield plate is a bit nicer but definitely not $59 nicer. IM shipped super fast and came with extra screws for different optics.

Just as long as the screw head is flush, allowing the RMR to set completed seated. If not you might not be able to sight in the dot.

I bought one and discovered the sight notch is cut .013 too far to the right. It is also too high. The too high I could live with as it's a back up sight only but the few inches to the right is ridiculous. You can't compensate for that!

Not to mention, at the last IDPA match, when I handed my pistol to my friends to check out they asked why the red dot doesn't align with the sights.

I contacted Impact Machine and got no response. Crickets.

Just ordered the RMR plate from Springfield. They are back in stock. I swear, sometimes it seems like I spend a dollar to save a penny!

Edited by hummerbk
update

On 10/3/2023 at 11:10 AM, hummerbk said:

I bought one and discovered the sight notch is cut .013 too far to the right. It is also too high. The too high I could live with as it's a back up sight only but the few inches to the right is ridiculous. You can't compensate for that!

Not to mention, at the last IDPA match, when I handed my pistol to my friends to check out they asked why the red dot doesn't align with the sights.

Just ordered the RMR plate from Springfield. They are back in stock. I swear, sometimes it seems like I spend a dollar to save a penny!

Be sure to give Scott Milam a phone call. He is usually very responsive customer service issues.

On 10/3/2023 at 11:10 AM, hummerbk said:

I received mine after some delivery faux Paul's. It is a quality part and I'm happy with it. But I experienced the same issues with no response to phone calls, text messages or emails. It finally showed up but without any (zero, nada) communication. 

• 5 weeks later...

Thought I would give an update to my issue with the Impact Machine Base plate. The sight was too far to the right and was shooting too high, about 4 inches too high and 4 inches too far right at 20 yards appx. There is no adjustment on this sight so you are stuck with it.

I received my Springfield Plate and found it shoots 1.5 inches high and 1 inch left at 20 yards. I'm going to leave it there as I can deal with that. I'm using a red dot anyway and these are backup sights. The Springfield is adjustable for windage.

They cost more but the aggravation factor is way less.