Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vudoo gunworks Priest info/review

Akkid17

I'm new to the 2011 game and just got my Priest. Are holsters for 2011's typically interchangable, or are they going to be specific to manufacturer (Staccato, Atlas, Vudoo, MPA, etc)? I got a holster from RHT specifically for the Priest. It works well for USPSA, but even with the screw cranked down, it's still too loose to hold the gun in while running for PCSL 2 gun. I'm considering getting something with more retention, but I don't see any other holster manufacturers making holsters for the Priest.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/2/2024 at 2:33 PM, EvilNuff said:

Talked to Vudoo and they said that they have found compatibility issues with some mags including Atlas.  I am about 95% sure that I could just slightly file down the tip of that atlas mag follower and fix the problem.  If I can find a decent 3d scanner software I might try 3d printing a copy of it and see if that fixes it.

any further update from vudoo? are they changing anything?

2 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

I talked with the Vudoo rep at NRAAM - I didn't directly ask him about mag issues, but he did tell me in an effort to cut down their lead times, they are switching to a new grip and trigger that they are making in house. They will look very similar to the Cheely grips they have been using, but will be made in house, and they are hoping that will help cut down on lead times by removing one more potential supply chain hiccup, and it could lessen the amount of fitting they have to do on their end. Maybe that new grip will help with some of the issues?

13 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

I talked with the Vudoo rep at NRAAM - I didn't directly ask him about mag issues, but he did tell me in an effort to cut down their lead times, they are switching to a new grip and trigger that they are making in house. They will look very similar to the Cheely grips they have been using, but will be made in house, and they are hoping that will help cut down on lead times by removing one more potential supply chain hiccup, and it could lessen the amount of fitting they have to do on their end. Maybe that new grip will help with some of the issues?

a new grip huh!? very interesting! bet the price will go up though.

I heard about the new trigger at shot show. although i see it on the prebuilt but i do not see it as an option for the custom selection.

On 5/23/2024 at 2:49 AM, mrvip27 said:

No they did not say anything about making any changes.  Another poster commented on the grip that won't have any effect from what I can see, it is the geometry of the Atlas follower that causes the problem.  Its an easy fix with a file if you want to use Atlas mags.

9 minutes ago, EvilNuff said:

No they did not say anything about making any changes.  Another poster commented on the grip that won't have any effect from what I can see, it is the geometry of the Atlas follower that causes the problem.  Its an easy fix with a file if you want to use Atlas mags.

weird. I only use atlas mags in mine and its fine..

21 minutes ago, jpm2953 said:

weird. I only use atlas mags in mine and its fine..

Wow really???  I don't know if you saw my earlier posts but the atlas followers cause mine to lock back with a round left in the mag.  Swapping to mbx followers fixed the problem and you can see where the geometry of the atlas follower hits even with a round in mag.

5 minutes ago, EvilNuff said:

Wow really???  I don't know if you saw my earlier posts but the atlas followers cause mine to lock back with a round left in the mag.  Swapping to mbx followers fixed the problem and you can see where the geometry of the atlas follower hits even with a round in mag.

yeah i was just reading through all that. I have 6 of the 140mm atlas mags and they all work perfectly in my voodoo. 

1 hour ago, jpm2953 said:

yeah i was just reading through all that. I have 6 of the 140mm atlas mags and they all work perfectly in my voodoo. 

How interesting, I cannot imagine that the Atlas followers differ but the ones I tried were 126mm mags.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2024 at 5:25 PM, Dr Mitch said:

You can trim the follower to stop it from locking back with a round in the mag.

This is what I did with my original atlas mags that were set up for lockback. I was actually able to use a set of side cutters to clip the corner that would hit the slide stop. 

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone verify?

1.    What configuration options are necessary for the Priest to make weight for IDPA CO (45oz) with SRO optic and empty magazine? (short dust cover etc.)
2.    Does the Priest fit the IDPA carry optics box?
3.    If so, are 126mm magazines with angled basepad necessary to fit the box?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2024 at 12:51 PM, ES13Raven said:

Can anyone verify?

1.    What configuration options are necessary for the Priest to make weight for IDPA CO (45oz) with SRO optic and empty magazine? (short dust cover etc.)
2.    Does the Priest fit the IDPA carry optics box?
3.    If so, are 126mm magazines with angled basepad necessary to fit the box?

I can't fully help you but my 5" with full dust cover, steel grip, with an SRO is 44.0oz with no mags.  So you definitely would need to go with short dust cover or not the steel grip.  Not sure what dimensions the box is but I can measure for you if you share the max size.