Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pmag jam

12 hours ago, Deltacharlie said:

I had a Pmag jam up my last match and one of the other shooters mentioned this can be fixed with some minor changes to the mag, but I didn’t get a chance to chat with him after the match. Can’t find anything online. Anyone know anything about it?

How did it jam up? I've only ever had one situation where I threw away a PMAG for not working, it wouldn't strip a round after the first, then it turned out to be an out-of-spec bolt and upper (I know, I hit the jackpot twice in one build). 

This might sound complicated and it could be that I didn’t run enough oil, but what happened was I ran the gun dry, swapped mags and the charging handle wouldn’t budge. Not one bit. After fighting it I finally dropped the new mag ran the bolt, threw the mag in again and it ran fine. I ran the next stage with a hex mag in first, ran dry and threw in that same p mag after the hex mag with no issues. So I’m not sure exactly what happened But one of the shooters said I should file down the pmag. I can’t find much info on it though.

only pmag problem i've experienced was at a match where i didnt bring any standard 30rd mags and borrowed a couple gen m2 mags from a friend as the stage was low crawling under tunnel sticks and monopoding at small targets with gun clearing between positions.  my 3g rifle has always liked gen m3s fine but it really didnt like the untested mags and wouldnt feed properly at the top of full mags.

never found out why as i don't care to invest any time in them as m3 run fine so that's what i buy.

shooter error.

You over inserted that mag by aggressively stuffing it in the Magwell with the bolt back. Nothing wrong with the mag.

If you don't want to get in the habit of changing mags before your out of ammo get gen3 Mags that have the over insertion tab to prevent this.

• 6 months later...