Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Finish reamers?

cheers623

Just got a Prodigy DS and the chamber is pretty tight. Won’t chamber many of my reloads that feed in everything else I have. Clymer or Manson from Brownells? Suggestions? All of my reloads pass the Wilson and Lyman gauges. Recommendations or advice appreciated!

Both Clymer and Masen make good reamers.  Manson reamers cut .055" of leade.  Not sure how much the Clymer gives.  If your barrel is not Nitrided, either will do.  If it is, you'll need a carbide reamer.

I've not seen that on the 2 Prodigy's I've looked at.  Maybe figure out where the rounds aren't fitting so you know what the goal is before reaming the chamber.  Mark them up all over with sharpie and push them into the chamber a few times to see where the ink scrapes off.  If the scrapes are on the bullet, it's leade.  If the scrapes are on the case mouth it's crimp or whoever reamed the barrel used a worn reamer.  If it's at the back it's large brass or undersized chamber.

I just bought and used the 9mm finish reamer from brownells made by Clymer on a barsto gunsmith fit barrel I fit to make a LO gun from an open gun. It worked very well and I am happy. It will not, as said above, work very well or at all in in a nitrided barrel.