Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KMR pistols, CZ clones from Czech republic

A buddy, a very good shooter, tested one this weekend. He said build quality was like a Swiss SIG P210 from the 70'ies:

0624-05002-0701-0624-05002-0701_l02-orca-9x19_right.jpg?lb=true&alt=webp&v=638138899119800000

0624-05002-0701-0624-05002-0701_l02-orca-9x19_left.jpg?lb=true&alt=webp&v=638138899138000000

image.thumb.png.af595af6acf6c60ddeaff5528866d0de.png

SA/DA:

0624-05004-0701-0624-05004-0701_l02-spectr-9x19_angle.jpg?lb=true&alt=webp&v=638138899382770000

6":

0624-06001-0701-0624-06001-0701_w-02-cuda-9x19_angle.jpg?lb=true&alt=webp&v=638138900202700000

4.5" SA/DA:

0624-06005-0709-0624-06005-0702_w-02-umbra-or-4-5-9x19_right.jpg?lb=true&alt=webp&v=638138910653700000 

Edited by Torf

Ive seen and hold them at the Xtreme Slovakia, they are very well build and tight. Many pro's already used them. I loved them. They're like a better Shadow. Actually this company builds all Shadow oranges! So they know what they do!

Shot one today (Spectra) and bought it. Will arrive in 2 weeks (after permit papers okey) keep you posted. Trigger better than a tuned Shadow 2, DA amazingly smooth. Fit and finish is the best I've ever seen.

17 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Shot one today (Spectra) and bought it. Will arrive in 2 weeks (after permit papers okey) keep you posted. Trigger better than a tuned Shadow 2, DA amazingly smooth. Fit and finish is the best I've ever seen.

You have a Redback, right? How did you feel it compares to that

22 hours ago, Blackstone45 said:

You have a Redback, right? How did you feel it compares to that

The Spectra has a longer barrel and better trigger (especially the DA) and shoots bit smoother but this was after one session didn't compare side by side. Slide to frame fit and overall feel comparable to Redback. Then you know the level!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 2:59 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

Ive seen and hold them at the Xtreme Slovakia, they are very well build and tight. Many pro's already used them. I loved them. They're like a better Shadow. Actually this company builds all Shadow oranges! So they know what they do!

Did not know they built the oranges. Certainly gives them providence as the build quality on the oranges has been very impressive.

• 1 month later...

I have Spectra who I shoot only 200 rounds and it has amassing tight tolerance and nice trigger.

Kmr will not get into Shadow 2 standard holster. I replace factory slide lever with flat Cz Shadow 2 and I plan to buy a larger grip for my big hands. Lok Palm Swell Bogies will not fit it.

Until now I could say KMR it is much better pistol than my Cz Shadow 2 and former Tanfoglio Xtreme Stock 2 and comparable with Phoenix Redback I

On 6/2/2023 at 11:16 AM, tedahlenius85 said:

I have 3000 rounds through this gun, so barely broken in. The gun is great so far.

07DE2CA4-AE9D-4833-A0B0-6A7DD51143DD.jpeg

Shadow 2 s Lok Swell Palm Bogies and factory grip don't fit on KMR Spectra. Please tell me what type of Armanov grip did you order for your Spectra?

1 hour ago, tedahlenius85 said:

This is the Umbra, not the Spectra. 

Congrats to the win in the rain!!

You opted for Umbra instead of Spectra for Production Optics, can you please elaborate on why it was the best choice for you?

How long cartridge OAL does it accept? 

Any reliability concerns? (My previous MPX-experience ruined my trusty nature forever :-)

I shoot Glock and love the simplicity and reliability of striker fired plastic, but the KMRs sure feel amazing so I am considering making the switch to DA/SA. Any thoughts on that is highly appreciated as well. 

On 7/25/2023 at 11:14 AM, Heniv77 said:

Congrats to the win in the rain!!

You opted for Umbra instead of Spectra for Production Optics, can you please elaborate on why it was the best choice for you?

How long cartridge OAL does it accept? 

Any reliability concerns? (My previous MPX-experience ruined my trusty nature forever 🙂

I shoot Glock and love the simplicity and reliability of striker fired plastic, but the KMRs sure feel amazing so I am considering making the switch to DA/SA. Any thoughts on that is highly appreciated as well. 

Thank you!

In contrast what the majority of people think, longer and bigger isnt always better. When it comes to guns there are pros and cons about weight in general and heavier is not better in my opinion. Especially if the weight is up front static or it cycles forward during recoil. A 5” gun will be heavier. I dont like it. The balance of a 4.5” gun especiallt for 9mm is the sweet spot and thats why I like the SP01 Shadow, the Stock2 and now the Umbra. I would also have gone with a Redback instead of the Drake of the Phoenix guns. 

I havent tested max oal. I only run my regular loaded ammo I’ve been using for many years in all my guns. 121gr frontier fp extreme bullet at 27.8mm. The gun have been reliable so far, but I only put 4500 rounds through it so cant testify to it being used more than that, but I see no reason why it wouldnt be reliable. Its a cool gun with great build quality as far as I can tell. I wouldnt hesitate if you got your eyes on one. 

On 7/29/2023 at 11:14 PM, tedahlenius85 said:

Thank you!

In contrast what the majority of people think, longer and bigger isnt always better. 

Especially if you're shooting optics - then sight radius doesn't matter and there is really little benefit with the extra 0.5" barrel?

Hilo ask me in message about holster, but I could t insert there and maybe somebody else will be interested in here

So I enlarge with heat and press for reshaped the Shadow 2 DAA holster to fit S2 and Spectra too.

f984edb3-50c4-422f-a097-24290875c9ab.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2023 at 9:39 AM, tedahlenius85 said:

This is the Umbra, not the Spectra. 

Hey I'm joining team Umbra also, it looks great 🤠 Should be arriving in a few weeks.

Will Shadow 2 grips fit on the Umbra?

How about holster compatibility? Thanks!

6 hours ago, matsrin said:

Hey I'm joining team Umbra also, it looks great 🤠 Should be arriving in a few weeks.

Will Shadow 2 grips fit on the Umbra?

How about holster compatibility? Thanks!

Shadow2 grips fit, but depending on choice of brand you will get a small gap between frame and grip. Armanov fits witouth gap. 

If using kydex holster you need a special KMR mold. For race holsters I dont know. 

5 minutes ago, tedahlenius85 said:

Shadow2 grips fit, but depending on choice of brand you will get a small gap between frame and grip. Armanov fits witouth gap. 

If using kydex holster you need a special KMR mold. For race holsters I dont know. 

Nice, thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 11:32 PM, Blackstone45 said:

For race holsters I have been told the DAA insert block for the Shadow 2 can be used, but don't trust me on that!

DAA Flex holster with Type B insert will fit KMR nicely. For the Alpha-X I've heard some have filed material off here and there to get it to lock.

I have 900 rounds through my Spectra and it's been great.

@tedahlenius85 have you tried taking the left safety and firing spring retaining plate off? The safety is tight and the retaining plate won't move at all. Do they require a hammer and punch to coerce them out? I come from CZ Shadow 1 so I know the general disassembly of the gun, but the tolerances are so much tighter on the KMR.

Edited by sil7z

• 3 months later...