Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does someone know why Bul Armory switched from steel to polymer grips in their 2023 models?

StefVanHauwe

Had issues with the steel grips cracking due to the two piece design and people not keeping the screws tight. They had offered a tungsten magwell to offset the weight difference due to the plastic grip. Not sure if they are still producing it.

3 hours ago, jubi351 said:

Had issues with the steel grips cracking due to the two piece design and people not keeping the screws tight. They had offered a tungsten magwell to offset the weight difference due to the plastic grip. Not sure if they are still producing it.

Cesar shop still does. My buddy put it on his original SAS UR 

On 4/25/2023 at 7:07 PM, DBX1987 said:

I have it from one of the distributors in Europe that they keep cracking.

Not the greatest track record on cracked slides/frames either. 

Which  brand  is a leader in this field? 😀

On 4/26/2023 at 7:18 PM, yigal said:

Which  brand  is a leader in this field? 😀

Bul tbh... 

I've know folks shooting SPS, STI (pre DVC), custom Guns. Major PF standard or open, but I've seen none crack as frequent or fail at low round count.

2 hours ago, DBX1987 said:

Bul tbh... 

I've know folks shooting SPS, STI (pre DVC), custom Guns. Major PF standard or open, but I've seen none crack as frequent or fail at low round count.

I usually take care of few types of club guns, including STI , which after 100k seem to be in much, much  better condition than some of the other brands after 10k 😉

• 2 months later...
On 4/23/2023 at 11:20 PM, jubi351 said:

I spoke to Ben from BA at the EEO2023. He told me BA does not produce steel framed guns, nor ship out the 2-part steel grip, anymore. They were confronted with several cases of cracked parts, principally, he stated, because shooters did not maintain/check the grip screws enough/correctly, whereby they come loose and increase tension on the gun, leading to cracks . If you regularly check that the screws are tight, you shouldn't have any issues, but if you don't, the risk of breaking/cracking is real. There might still be some BA models or grips circulating at stores. Today they use polymer grips, together with the Tungsten magwell.