Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Need Help With A Load For My 625

ipscron2000

Here is the deal:

I have a 625 5" barrel. I would like to use a powder and bullet I already own.

I use Titegroup, HS-7, Bullseye, AA #7 in my other guns.

I have Precision "Black" Bullets in 230 grain.

I have MG in 200 semi-wad cutter

I have the Federal LP primers

Can anyone give me a sucessfull load with what I've got listed?

If I really like shooitng Revolver, I'll purchase components more suited for it.

Thanks

I'm awaiting your reply.

If you do a search you should be able to find an older thread with the different loads most guys use. I use a 230 gr. Montana CMJ seated to 1.270" over 4.3 gr. of Clays. Made 173 pf at the Nationals and is soft, clean, consistent, and accurate.

Don't really like Moly Bullets or Titegroup in a 625, but try it.

Here are loads I've used.

Precision 230 LRN 1.210 oal 4.3 Titegroup F150 gave 738 f/s in a 5"625.

Precision 230 LRN 1.210 oal 4.6 Bullseye F150 gave 768 f/s in a 5"625.

Both loads were very accurate.

Good Luck

• 4 weeks later...
This is what I use in my 625

4.2 titegroup

230 berry plated

winchester brass

fed primers

oal 1.250

pf 168590

Good luck hope this helps

John

Hey John !! what gun are shooting the above out of ? I get the exact same pf using that

same load with a 230 RN Westcoast bullet and Federal brass !

Just found this post after doing a search for loads using bullseye.

This is what I use in my 625

Hey John !! what gun are shooting the above out of ? I get the exact same pf using that

same load with a 230 RN Westcoast bullet and Federal brass !

Just found this post after doing a search for loads using bullseye.

Oh never mind......should read these posts better.....course I am assuming a 5 inch brl ?

I know you want to use stuff you already have, and some folks may have a different experience than mine, but I don't like Precision bullets and Titegroup in a 625. They work great in a 1911, but are just too dirty for a 625. I had to do some cleaning after every 100 rounds to ensure the moonclips would always fully seat in the chambers when using Precision bullets.

I have since switched to Rainier or West Coast plated bullets with Clays. Clays is by far the cleanest powder I have used in the 625 and I won't be going back to Titegroup or WST for my revolver loads anymore. Those are fine powders for 1911's and other calibers, but not for the 625.

YMMV :)

<_< I just want to make sure, but are you using "Clays" or "Universal Clays"

thanks much

I would like to take this oppurtunity to welcome zip308 to the forum. I've been trying to pry him away from his wife and kids to come out and shoot some IPSC with me for years. Mission finally accomplished. ;) And low and behold he is starting out with a revolver to shoot some Tuesday night league with us at SCAPSA this spring.

Welcome Chad!

Thanks for all of the help and persuasion KEITH, I know it has been an uphill battle. Im not so sure the wife is going to appreciate it this summer though. This is a great site, I appreciate all of the help. I appologize in advance for any stupid questions I may come up with. :D

<_< I just want to make sure, but are you using "Clays" or "Universal Clays"

thanks much

I would like to take this oppurtunity to welcome zip308 to the forum. I've been trying to pry him away from his wife and kids to come out and shoot some IPSC with me for years. Mission finally accomplished. ;) And low and behold he is starting out with a revolver to shoot some Tuesday night league with us at SCAPSA this spring.

Welcome Chad!

KOOL!! Chad, welcome aboard. Prolly see you at a match somewhere if the weather ever warms up!