Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about practice score and signing up for a match

Jimbo76

I have been trying to get signed up at a local match in new Holland Pennsylvania. The match sign up opens at 8 o’clock and I type in my info immediately at 8 o’clock. I have never been able to get into this match. Someone told a friend that there is software that will automatically sign you up and that’s why the squad fills up before I get in. Can anyone explain to me where I can get this software and how it works. It seems that within seconds it goes from an open match to me being waitlisted. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thank you.

I'm not sure of any specific piece of software that you mention, however there are a ton of generic automation applications out there that basically will auto-fill and click buttons .. etc. 

As for that match filling up so fast; basically what happens is that the match director sets a limit of how many can sign up, but then will give out a sign-up code to club members, competitors of the last match etc. to be able to sign up before the match is opened for general signup. If those folks sign up and take all the spots before it's opened to the public you get wait listed. It's actually pretty common. 

Edited by schaet

Yup! Definitely can be frustrating. I actually joined a club just so I can shoot their matches over the winters because of this. (Club members are guaranteed entry to the match)

I will just say this, how do we expect to get more new shooters into the sport if the matches are only open for experienced shooters? This is going to kill this sport in my area instead of expand it. It is already a long enough drive to shoot in a match with the price of gas, bullets, and admission. I feel bad for the new shooters that will miss out on a sport that was so much fun for me over the years.

I used to live in Las Cruces and had a second home in Ruidoso.  I used the La Luz shooting range numerous times, but never participated in any matches.  I really think the La Luz range is one of the nicest ones I have ever used.  Not real fancy, but very well laid out and always as clean as a pin.  (At least it was when I visited).   Perhaps some day I can drive over that direction and drop by that range again.  I miss Las Cruces, Mesilla, Deming, Alamagordo, Tularosa, Ruidoso, Capitan, and Alto.  Great part of the country.