Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Slide for Infinity Sight Tracker- Advice?

BiggySmallz

Hello all. Have a 5" Infinity ST with TiN AET barrel. DLC finish. Thinking of getting 2nd slide made for CO/general range use. Was told Infinity won't simply cut slide given width of slide needing to be wider to accommodate optic, hence need for 2nd slide assembly. Cost will be roughly $4-4.5k for new slide assembly/reDLC, etc. Thinking would be neat to have irons only slide and optic ready slide to swap. Optic considerations SRO vs Acro P2. Recognize vastly different optics.

Thoughts? Do you all foresee any long term wear problems between original slide and new? Reasons for/against project?

Thanks in advance. New to the forum. 

I don't see how you get to 4K or above for just the slide assembly, in parts it's not even $1000.

A few years back I got a .40 top end to go with my 9mm SVI and that was about 2.5K at a European SVI dealer.

I would worry about wear when using 2 slides, combined I have over 200K rounds and still no issues.

(Excluding dry fire racking :P  )

5 hours ago, lroy said:

Well, for 4.5k you could just get another brand new limited optics gun. Lol

At least 2  2011  and if you make an effort then 3 is also possible. And there are those who would buy 6 new Glocks at this price.😀

Switch-top guns always get used with one top more than the other, so the parts wear in and then the fit of the other isn't as good.  If you can live with that, ok, otherwise just get another gun done.

I'm not super familiar with SV. If they have something like Atlas/PT/Canik system you could just use the new one as a primary and keep the other as a backup.

They're basically ironsights built into an optics plate, if that makes any sense.

https://www.canikusa.com/canik-adjustable-rear-sight-with-optic-lid-black-for-tp9-elite-combat-tp9-sfx

https://atlasgunworks.com/product-details?id=2079549#product_detail

Not sure what the sv equivalent would be though.

Iroy- great idea. Appreciate it with the Staccato DUO system. Unfortunately after speaking with SVI they’ll only do direct mill from the factory. 

Curious if I could get a RMR direct mill, then plate on top of it. IE factory RMR cut to Acro conversion, etc. Worth asking. 

Just called Infinity to further discuss. Not willing to do 2nd top end at this time as it is more difficult in manufacturing process to make perfect Vs original build …That answers that. Will be another pony in stable down the road.  Thanks all.