Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chemo port placement

Squirrel45

I just went in for another colonoscopy. Leading up to this I've been in mild pain, but no blood. My probe came back good, doctor found another small polop and did biopsy the scar. He told me that pain was normal after radiation to rear-end. Now I'll wait for biopsy results. Feeling pretty good about this though. 🙏 I just can't believe this has been going on for over a year now. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Squirrel, glad to hear you’re feeling good and that the pain is normal. It’s probably been a long year for you but just Hang in there Man… Don’t quit the fight!!!

Lee

Got some more news:

biopsy(s) came back clear! I also asked why I have pain in my rear again, surgeon said it's actually pretty normal for patients who had radiation. I also asked why I have limited/ fluctuating energy. He told me that the effects of chemo and radiation will last up to and over a year. I guess I cant complain about my hands and feet anymore. I am blessed that through the grace of God, my wife,parents and friends (especially my shooting Buddies) I have made it to this point. 

@Squirrel45

That's GREAT news!  You're a year out an NO CANCER!  Yeah, oncology gave me the same story on chemo and radiation.  Of the two, radiation's a BITCH!

The good news is you're clean.  Get ready for all the descriptions of your 'new normal.'  Yeah, I'd like to have my 'old normal back too.  But we're both still ALIVE!

Congratulations!!!

14 hours ago, Schutzenmeister said:

@Squirrel45

That's GREAT news!  You're a year out an NO CANCER!  Yeah, oncology gave me the same story on chemo and radiation.  Of the two, radiation's a BITCH!

The good news is you're clean.  Get ready for all the descriptions of your 'new normal.'  Yeah, I'd like to have my 'old normal back too.  But we're both still ALIVE!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks! When people told me it's a two year endeavor last year I rolled my eyes. Im thinking to myself im 37, 6'3" 240lb aside from asthma great shape. Never thought it'd drag me down like this. And totally agree radiation was very painful and I still mess myself at times but were ALIVE! 

16 hours ago, dannyd said:

Took my wife couple of years to get back to almost normal after Chemo and Radiation, so you will get better.

Im thinking this now as well. As long as it keeps going positive ill be patient.