Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Trigger Group Or Chip Mccormick

para1445

Well I finally over-did it on my AR gunsmithing. In trying to shorten the disconnect space and polish it up I cut a little much off and now im getting slam fire problems. I pull the trigger back and fire one round and let the trigger back forward and fire another one. Occasionally it rips off a few rounds from slipping I assume. Would make great for double taps but alas this is very unsafe. So i need to get a new trigger/hammer set and was wondering about an opinion for JP trigger group or McCormick. Its a 16in carbine going to be used for Tatical 3 gun.

Also i have a welded or soldered on flash hider. How much trouble is it going to be to heat and break the welds to get a new brake on the gun. i have about 2k rounds through the barrel. I would hate to have to replace the barrel just to change a comp but im wondering if the gunsmith costs would be more than the price of a new barrel.

Thanks

OK - I'll buck the trend and vote for the CMC drop-in, straight trigger.

I have both, but I like the straight trigger design of the CMC trigger best. I got mine from Cactus Tactical - a BE sponser.

Edited by chp5

I disagree with the vast majority and think the McCormick is a better trigger for the masses. JP is very finicky if you dont lock tite the set screws. I have seen people in major matches have trigger problems due to this. I havnt tried the jp drop in yet, I will soon and might have to re-evaluate my decision.

In conclusion, if you want a drop in trigger and just shoot with no hassle get the McCormick.

P.S. Chip has done a few things for the sport of shooting also.

Recommend the JP setup and if you really want a modular trigger go with the JP. Currently have 5 different triggers and the JP is at the top of the list. Testing a new two-stage trigger and it is showing promise but it's expensive.

I disagree with the vast majority and think the McCormick is a better trigger for the masses. JP is very finicky if you dont lock-tite the set screws. I have seen people in major matches have trigger problems due to this.

Jp tells you when and how to clean and locktite the screws about 15 times in the very good and precise setup directions. The adjustment screws are set in with RED lock-tite which is just about indestructible. The only people that will have problems with these triggers loosing there adjustment screws are the same ones that will have problems no matter what because they can't follow simple directions and will have problems with everything they shoot being "finicky".

The McCormick is a nice drop in trigger with a cool straight tripper option as is the JP however neither will give as nice & crisp a pull as the full JP setup. JM2c

+1 again for the JP trigger. I have not tried the JP drop in yet. I installed my JP setup in about thirty minutes and after about 8,000 rounds I have no trouble. I have seen a few McCormick triggers come from factory real mushy and have heard of a few doubling on people. Also have met John Paul and have seen what he and his group have donated to the sport.

GO JP !

Good Luck!

Edited by nm3gnr

My 2 :

get the full JP set up-Its worth the extra time and trouble -which is not much. The instructions they give you are easy to follow and the result is nothing less than perfect. You only have to adjust it once and it will treat you right for thousands of rounds. :D