Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillion 1100

Have the 1050's.  I have heard that the 1100 is smoother than the 1050's, but I'm not sure how much that would affect reloading at all.  The 1100's are a little limited in rifle cartridge heights which goes up to 30-06 IIRC.

Overall, can't beat it. 

The 1100 is fantastic.  However, if I were buying now I'd probably wait for the X10.  There are some youtube reviews, but if you're not in a rush I'm sure there will be more information in a month or so after their first volume shipment hits.

1 hour ago, midatlantic said:

consider that its made in China. Dillon says its made here. (hopefully the components are too.) Lets support the American industrial base.

I believe they're assembled here now, but parts are made in China.  That's what I was told by an engineer I know that knows people in the industry.  Could be wrong about that and if so I would agree 1000%.

6 hours ago, SIGcurious said:

Why?  Just curious. 

Aside from the made in US part, I think it looks like a solid press.  What you get for the money, ten stations, seems solid, case feeder cover, lower cost for caliber conversions and supposedly the powder measure if awesome.

All Dillon machines are made in the US, from American sourced materials. Most of our castings are made in California, the rest in Arizona and Utah. Machining is done in the same states. The carbide for our dies is all domestically sourced as well.

Machine components and accessories, including conversion kits, dies, mounting plates, case feeders, and such are all made in America. Electrical and electronic components are often Internationally sourced, as quality electric motors are not generally manufactured in the US any longer. 

3 minutes ago, dillon said:

All Dillon machines are made in the US, from American sourced materials. Most of our castings are made in California, the rest in Arizona and Utah. Machining is done in the same states. The carbide for our dies is all domestically sourced as well.

Machine components and accessories, including conversion kits, dies, mounting plates, case feeders, and such are all made in America. Electrical and electronic components are often Internationally sourced, as quality electric motors are not generally manufactured in the US any longer. 

This is why I have a ton of Dillon stuff. Bought my 1st machine in 1985 for $125 to the door!! Square Deal in 45acp.

17 hours ago, Dennytshot said:

im also thinking about the X10 from frankford arsenal

For price and features the X10 looks nice, however consider how much support and after market parts are available for it. 

Since I went blue I've never been sorry or looked back.

Right now my 1050 I would guess has at least, if not more, 100K rounds through it. The original bearings and bushings all still running smooth and the only broken parts have been a couple of springs and a powder measure casting. Oh, those blue primer tips have been replaced many times.

2 hours ago, dillon said:

Then I stand corrected.  And as such, I would stick with Dillon 1000% as I said.

On 3/6/2023 at 5:13 AM, midatlantic said:

consider that its made in China. Dillon says its made here. (hopefully the components are too.) Lets support the American industrial base.

like everyone else......😄   I have seen coffee cups from the fbi with "made in china "  on them