Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock with Timney trigger field strip issue

CurlyShuffle

Hello,

I don't know if anyone else has encountered this issue, but I currently can't field strip my Gen 5 Glock that has a Timney trigger without either removing the backplate or pressing the trigger while taking the slide off (takes a little hand dexterity).  Anyway, I noticed that the silver bar at the top of the trigger housing that interacts with the trigger bar and striker is set too high.  What could I possibly do to reduce that height and ease the field stripping process?  

Thanks!

I am trying to picture this...

What is catching?  The lower lug of the Firing Pin and the sear?  Slide Cover Plate vs. Sear?

If the Trigger is pulled, releasing the Firing Pin to go forward, that shouldn't be able to catch the sear unless one inadvertently pulls the slide back too far and resets the Firing Pin.

11 hours ago, Braxton1 said:

I am trying to picture this...

What is catching?  The lower lug of the Firing Pin and the sear?  Slide Cover Plate vs. Sear?

If the Trigger is pulled, releasing the Firing Pin to go forward, that shouldn't be able to catch the sear unless one inadvertently pulls the slide back too far and resets the Firing Pin.

I believe it's the striker catching against the top of the Timney trigger insert.  Pressing the trigger lowers the Timney bar low enough for the slide to be removed from the frame.

Check that the timney housing hasn’t risen in the frame. The screw that holds the housing via the glock trigger housing might have backed out or broken the glock housing. When the timney first came out that was a problem, then they started shipping with a little washer because too much torque would break the glock housing. Your supposed to use locktite on that little screw.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd post an update to this.  I sent a message to Johnny Glock explaining my situation (I also had the Omega service on the trigger).  What he suggested was to replace the connector with a stock connector.  I replaced the connectors and sure enough, it's working just fine again.  No appreciable difference in performance too, which is nice.

• 3 months later...