Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Maintenance Service?

NiteQwill

Has anyone done the maintenance service with AGW? I have a Chaos V1.

Looking for feedback if anyone has used it.

For reference, I'm pretty familiar with my 2011 - complete disassembly and cleaning, etc. I was just wondering if it's worth $300 for Atlas to do the rest of the work (tune, polish feedramp, etc.)?

Ty 

If you know how to disassemble and clean your gun, it's a complete waste of money.  Check and tune (if necessary) the extractor takes five minutes.  There are videos showing how to do it if you don't know.  There's no reason to polish the feed ramp unless it's damaged somehow.  The rest is pretty much just cleaning, changing springs, and checking for worn or broken parts.  No way I'd pay $300 for that.  Also, keep in mind shipping and insurance will add another couple hundred bucks.  So, you're looking at $500+.  On top of all that, a local gunsmith would probably do the same work for about $50.

2 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

If you know how to disassemble and clean your gun, it's a complete waste of money.  Check and tune (if necessary) the extractor takes five minutes.  There are videos showing how to do it if you don't know.  There's no reason to polish the feed ramp unless it's damaged somehow.  The rest is pretty much just cleaning, changing springs, and checking for worn or broken parts.  No way I'd pay $300 for that.  Also, keep in mind shipping and insurance will add another couple hundred bucks.  So, you're looking at $500+.  On top of all that, a local gunsmith would probably do the same work for about $50.

I sent in my Atlas Chaos v1 to AGW using this program.  Shipping both directions is included.

I tear my guns completely down a couple times a year and used this service at the end of the year.  Given how much we spend on everything else (guns, ammo, travel etc) $300 for a once over, new springs, and returning the extractor and trigger was a no brainer for me.

Did they give you a turnaround timeframe?  I sent my Chaos in a while back, and it took them almost 4 months to return it to me.  I did ask them to refinish it, but a tune up and refinish shouldnt have taken 4 months.  I was even more irritated to find out when I called them, they had the gun and just never sent it back for like 2 weeks.  Save your $$ and watch videos online.  Its simple and wayyyy cheaper. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While it may be easy for some to do this maintenance work themselves, it sure makes me feel better to have the builder check them over once a year. I have used the SV service a couple times. So I vote that it is a good value. He may see something you might have missed. 

Ill share a recent experience about Atlas..

I was doing my normal cleaning / tear down / inspection of one of my pistols and noticed some odd wear just outside the breach face from contact with the barrel hood.  I immediately took photos and opened a ticket on their website for some direction...  This was Saturday.

Monday I had a response from Randy saying to just send the gun in... followed by an email from UPS with a label.  Packaged the gun up.. sent it out.

Pistol was back in my hands 7 days later.... 

I would highly recommend them and their services. Truly top notch.