Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rise Armament

mwx40x40

I have a Rave 140 I just got, cost about $100 on sale, I like it a lot. it compares favorably to my gold colored timney. smooth first stage to a defined wall, there is a tiny amount of creep right before the break. I also have a SSA-E, G2S, Larue whatever 2 stage, ALG ACT, & PSA EPT. For the money I'd say it's the best value of any of them. As far as performance, I'm partial to the Geiselles.

I’m pretty happy with it on my M&P 15-22. In my opinion, it’s one of the best triggers for less than a hundred bucks.

I run Hiperfire’s in my other rifles.

Edited by hiker88

my son has one on his AR and I bought the Aim Surplus $89.00 for my PCC on sale (140 made by rise) - 3.5 lb break and work great. I'm not sophisticated enough to appreciate a 200+ trigger

Edited by frankge
speeling!

• 6 months later...

Has anyone tried the Rise Iconic trigger? 
I’m looking for something with a very light and crisp pull for more of a precision type rifle. 
2nd stage is supposed to be a 2-2.5 lb pull. 

Edited by Matt1911

• 4 weeks later...

Not at all impressed with the RA 140 triggers. I've had 2 and got rid of both of them. 1 broke and the 2nd just wasn't as nice as a $90 4.5lb HiperFire Duty Trigger.

That said, I've been very, very happy with my RA-535. Great pull and crazy short reset. I love it. It is/was closer to $250 retail though, but you used to be able to regularly find it on sale for closer to ~$160. Not sure if that's still the case. If it is, spend the extra $40 vs the RA-140, or look elsewhere for a budget trigger (HiperFire, CMC, Velocity, etc.)

Edited by dwbethue

On 7/7/2023 at 6:40 AM, Matt1911 said:

Has anyone tried the Rise Iconic trigger? 
I’m looking for something with a very light and crisp pull for more of a precision type rifle. 
2nd stage is supposed to be a 2-2.5 lb pull. 

No experience with the Rise Iconic, however the Geissele SDC (2lb 1st stage, 2.5lb 2nd stage) has been really great on my 18" SPR-ish build. I'm not a big 2 stage fan, but it is perfect on that build and shooting it like it's a single stage for run and gun feels great as well. I've been very happy although it is definitely on the pricy side at around $240-$260 (which looks like it is still slightly less than the Rise Iconic). Occasionally I'll see them go on sale for right around $200. 

LaRue used to make a Geissele "knock off" that was a really great trigger too, not sure of the exact model name. That one used to sell for closer to $120 and was really hard to beat at that price.

7 hours ago, dwbethue said:

LaRue used to make a Geissele "knock off" that was a really great trigger too, not sure of the exact model name. That one used to sell for closer to $120 and was really hard to beat at that price.

Yeah I have a Larue MBT 2s in another rifle. It’s a nice trigger, but just a little heavier than I’m wanting for my precision AR. 
I’m looking for something more like a  light bolt action trigger. 

Edited by Matt1911

I have JP single stage triggers set to 2.5lb, my favorite all around in the AR.

I have seen AR Gold 2-stage triggers set pretty low, under 2 lb...but I still wouldn't compare it to a good bolt trigger like my Timney Elite in my Rem 700.