Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA matches in NE

Hey all,

(please delete if not in the correct section or not allowed)

With the USPSA season slowing down due to the weather, I’m wondering what clubs in NE (mainly MA) are considering putting on any matches in the near future? I groom practiscore almost daily, but I often find that some matches are announced on short notice. Mainly asking due to having to request time off a few weeks in advance to secure the time off.

Any info or guidance would be much appreciated!!

5 hours ago, Cuz said:

Where about in MA are you?

are you looking specifically for USPSA matches or any matches, like man vs man knockdown steel?  Is RI outside your driving wheelhouse?

I’m in Chicopee, MA. I’ve only shot USPSA (started earlier this year). Don’t have too much experience with any other types of matches.

RI is do-able, just a drive ya know.

I’m not really interested in shooting IDPA.

Most matches in MA during the winter get filled within 5 mins of opening for obvious reasons.  I travelled to other states during winter months to stay sharp with shooting but required a lot of $$ with planes/hotels/car rentals.  BUAS is one to check out over the winter, but very far away from chicopee...  My local club does weekly practices but again, far away from chicopee.  DM me for more info if interested

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Bumping this as it's now relevant to my interests. 

I'm closing on a house in Litchfield, NH, and shoot USPSA, IDPA, and ICORE. What clubs are around in the NH/MA/ME/RI area? Happy to drive 1.5 hours or so.

Thanks for any tips!

9 hours ago, matteekay said:

Thank you! I hadn't found that one yet.

It's a really neat club, I guess they are really into cowboy action so every bay looks like a movie set. I shot a uspsa there and the stages were really creative and fun. All the range equipment was nice witch I really like. It bothers me when I go to a club and everything looks like they dug it out of the trash. The people were great there too. 

2 hours ago, louu said:

It's a really neat club, I guess they are really into cowboy action so every bay looks like a movie set. I shot a uspsa there and the stages were really creative and fun. All the range equipment was nice witch I really like. It bothers me when I go to a club and everything looks like they dug it out of the trash. The people were great there too. 

Always good to hear! I set a reminder to register so hopefully I'll get to go out and shoot it.

I grew up not far from where you are going to be.

Check out the matches at Dunbarton NH.   The have a level 2 every year, and the monthlies can be 100 plus shooters on 7 stages.   

SIG academy will be about an hour from you as well.   They have steel challenge and outdoor USPSA on weekends, and some indoor USPSA as well.

Berwick is a long ride, but they had the Area shoot last year.

There are others, but those are what comes to mind.

Edited by THS

4 hours ago, THS said:

Check out the matches at Dunbarton NH.   The have a level 2 every year, and the monthlies can be 100 plus shooters on 7 stages.   

SIG academy will be about an hour from you as well.   They have steel challenge and outdoor USPSA on weekends, and some indoor USPSA as well.

Which club is in Dunbarton? Is that Pioneer?

On 10/20/2023 at 10:23 AM, THS said:

Berwick is about 30 minutes from the Sig Academy. Area 7 was held in at the Hampden Rifle and Pistol Club in Maine.

13 hours ago, Dan Sierpina said:

Berwick is about 30 minutes from the Sig Academy. Area 7 was held in at the Hampden Rifle and Pistol Club in Maine.

Yep,   Messed that one up.

On 10/30/2023 at 11:10 AM, Ear said:

Look in the Monson area that maybe a shorter drive they run a uspsa on I think the third Sunday 

Hi Dan

Harvard would a lot closer than the Monson club. From Litchfield there isn't a short/fast way to Monson that I'm aware of.

You have me at a disadvantage, I may know you, but I'll need a name. :)

Thanks for all the replies! I'm literally compiling a spreadsheet to keep track of all of the clubs around.

I shot an IDPA match at the Sig facility. It was... not great, but I hear their USPSA is a lot better. It also fills up in about twenty-five seconds.

I'm shooting another match at Woburn this weekend. Should be fun!

Also, it looks like most clubs pack it in for the winter (December through March). What do you guys do in those months?

9 hours ago, matteekay said:

Thanks for all the replies! I'm literally compiling a spreadsheet to keep track of all of the clubs around.

I shot an IDPA match at the Sig facility. It was... not great, but I hear their USPSA is a lot better. It also fills up in about twenty-five seconds.

I'm shooting another match at Woburn this weekend. Should be fun!

Also, it looks like most clubs pack it in for the winter (December through March). What do you guys do in those months?

Search BUAS on Practiscore. It's indoor, 4 stages and the number of shooters are limited as the USPSA group must be done and torn down by 1:00 PM. They fill up fast since it's only 25 or 30 shooters that can play. Stages are challenging and fun. Search on YouTube for some of the shooters, you'll see it's not just simple stages.

2 hours ago, Dan Sierpina said:

Search BUAS on Practiscore. It's indoor, 4 stages and the number of shooters are limited as the USPSA group must be done and torn down by 1:00 PM. They fill up fast since it's only 25 or 30 shooters that can play. Stages are challenging and fun. Search on YouTube for some of the shooters, you'll see it's not just simple stages.

Awesome, adding that one to the list.

Indoor matches have their challenges, but they can totally be fun and interesting with good stage design. I used to run two indoor matches and you can get pretty creative.