Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W M&P metal

usmc1974

Just finished putting together my Smith & Wesson M&p 2.0 metal. Holosun 507x2 green. I think this one's going to work.  Now to take it out and put a couple hundred rounds to it. nice thing is it fits on my Glock 19 holsters.

IMG_20221216_194001_2 (1).jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Hammerman said:

How does the magwell opening compare to the plastic gun?  The plastic one doesn’t have much of anything. 

Back in the 80s, when we all shot a single stack 1911 we put magwells on them because they were very beneficial. But today with these double stack  guns and the magazines opening is so wide all ready,  and the magazine tapers to a single stack at the top, I never felt the need for a magwell. I mean really if you can't get the magazine in the gun with that much space a magwell isn't going to help you. Of course is just my opinion.YMMV

I shot a M&P in CO for over a year, and the combination of a less tapered magazine profile and the shape of the M&P mag well, makes the M&P harder for me to load fast than most other CO pistols. 

here is a picture, from top to bottom, of a Rival, M&P 2.0, Gen 5 Glock and the Sig AXG. Even after filing the M&P, it has a tighter profile than the others.

DF43F8F7-FFC2-4C17-B708-4B5D157A4880.jpeg

20 minutes ago, GJM said:

I shot a M&P in CO for over a year, and the combination of a less tapered magazine profile and the shape of the M&P mag well, makes the M&P harder for me to load fast than most other CO pistols. 

here is a picture, from top to bottom, of a Rival, M&P 2.0, Gen 5 Glock and the Sig AXG. Even after filing the M&P, it has a tighter profile than the others.

DF43F8F7-FFC2-4C17-B708-4B5D157A4880.jpeg

Seriously , You had trouble loading that? fast? It's open wider then a south Broadway hookers legs on a friday night.

Edited by usmc1974

On 12/17/2022 at 11:23 PM, usmc1974 said:

Back in the 80s, when we all shot a single stack 1911 we put magwells on them because they were very beneficial. But today with these double stack  guns and the magazines opening is so wide all ready,  and the magazine tapers to a single stack at the top, I never felt the need for a magwell. I mean really if you can't get the magazine in the gun with that much space a magwell isn't going to help you. Of course is just my opinion.YMMV

I shot single stack for three years without a magwell when I first started out.  I was pretty good at reloading.  When I started shooting production with a cz, hitting that opening was a cinch.  But there is something about the M&P opening that doesn't jive well for me.  I can hit it most of the time but it could sure use a little help.

13 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I really am super interested in a metal competitor version..  

This gun really feels good in the hand.  I have the small backstrap on it now and It feels better than my CZSPO1 phantom. This is my 1st smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 But I really like it. Going to take it to IDPA next Thursday.

I held a 5” at a gun shoe this past weekend.  I was disappointed by it.  
I wanted something like Walters SF 

not just a silver version of the same gun. 
I wouldn’t look to replace my M&p with the metal one.  

3 hours ago, Zachjet said:

I held a 5” at a gun shoe this past weekend.  I was disappointed by it.  
I wanted something like Walters SF 

not just a silver version of the same gun. 
I wouldn’t look to replace my M&p with the metal one.  

You held the all metal version of the smith and Wesson 2.0 with the 5" barrel? that would be the competitor?

4 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

You held the all metal version of the smith and Wesson 2.0 with the 5" barrel? that would be the competitor?

I'm just the other way around, I've held the smith and Wesson M&P's it was all plastic.  and this metal one feels 10 times more solid in my hand then those plastic was did. I finally got time to go to the range tomorrow, Indoor range. It was 18° today that's way too cold to go outside and shoot.

If I didn’t already have an M&p and was going to buy one… metal frame all the way.   I just don’t see it as too much of an “upgrade”   If/when they decide to make a 40ish oz performance center gun.  They’ll really be onto something. M&p is a great gun. 

5 hours ago, Zachjet said:

If I didn’t already have an M&p and was going to buy one… metal frame all the way.   I just don’t see it as too much of an “upgrade”   If/when they decide to make a 40ish oz performance center gun.  They’ll really be onto something. M&p is a great gun. 

Go shoot one.

4 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

You won't be.

I stepped up to an all metal hammer gun a few months back and I haven’t looked back.  It hasn’t really improved my as much as I’d hoped 😂😂

I guess I’m just a M&p fan boy at heart and expected something different when I herd about a metal frame 

3 hours ago, Zachjet said:

I stepped up to an all metal hammer gun a few months back and I haven’t looked back.  It hasn’t really improved my as much as I’d hoped 😂😂

I guess I’m just a M&p fan boy at heart and expected something different when I herd about a metal frame 

Well, long as you're happy.

It's shot and handled well, had no recoil.  I was able to keep everything in 2" at 25 yd standing freestyle. Only thing I don't like about it is it don't like small Rifle primers. 4 times it Did not detonate the round. I am not Crazy about the trigger maybe it will get better as I put more rounds though it.  Am I ready to give up my Glock 19 gen 5 custom? no!