Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Slide stops for CZ S2

RGC

Having had Tanfo SS snap mid match, and knowing the design, what is currently the "best" slide stops in terms of material used and design that have endurance?  I am moving to CO so possibly those that have gas pedals are any different from the standard production set up?

i grip my gun, so i don't use gas pedals, bue the eeman-tech slide stops seem well made. to avoid anything snapping mid-match, I have a major-match slide stop and an 'everything else (practice and locals)' slide stop. when the practice one breaks, i'll get a new major match one, and switch the old one over for practice.

2 hours ago, motosapiens said:

i grip my gun, so i don't use gas pedals, bue the eeman-tech slide stops seem well made. to avoid anything snapping mid-match, I have a major-match slide stop and an 'everything else (practice and locals)' slide stop. when the practice one breaks, i'll get a new major match one, and switch the old one over for practice.

Thanks.  That is assuming metal fatigue vs inclusions, quality of the item, etc.  Curious if all are using same tooling steel or another annealing metal etc that will have a longer endurance.

Cannot speak to the S2.  Had several SP01 slide stops break with vary low rnd count to several thousand.  I track what I shoot in my firearms, how much, where, and cleaning/breakage/part replacement.  It has now been years since a slide stop broke.  High round count now than the highest recorded with they were breaking too frequently.  Joking say CZ ran out of old, Russian T-34 tank armor for parts and began using better quality metal.

Whilst at the factory the year before the release of the Shadow 2 I got to talk to some of the engineers/designers about what was done to improve the 2. One of the spots they focused on was the slidestop holes, and the machining of them. On a Shadow, and some other models, the holes had sharper edges on them, and weren't as perfectly shaped as they would've liked. The 2, they totally re-engineered the holes, chamfered the edges etc. All so that there were less stress areas on the stops. Hence them lasting a lot longer in the 2

In my SP01 the slide stops alway broke near the center or to the right of center looking towards the barrel. Always thought there might be a a high spot on the barrel lug. Never could see one. And, haven’t broken a slide stop since I replaced a shot out barrel at a high 60k end count.  Hmmm. Credence for believing the old barrel had a high spot or not perpendicular to the slide stop……..I wonder. 

On 12/7/2022 at 4:43 PM, RGC said:

what is currently the "best" slide stops in terms of material used and design that have endurance? 

I tried the Eemann Tech and it broke quicker than the CZ. Unless you need the pedal CZ will last longer, at least that's my experience and also why I keep two extras in my bag.