Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flamer!

sargenv

Well, here's a new one.. Me opening a friday flamer....

I hate that I came in early for the Annual Building Thank you breakfast and when I arrived all there was was stale coffee and old donuts.. Why the heck advertise if you aren't going to have enough for everyone?!?!

I hate that I didn't get all my garden boxes moved before the rain started.. Muddy shoes and cold hands are going to be fun...

I hate that Nolen Left (or at least we think he left) He surely added to the humor and education of more than one or two of us.

I hate that my Medical insurance costs are doubling, making my raise pretty much enough to cover the added expenses, :angry: .

I hate that I have to go to somewhere Colder than where I live over the holidays.. I thought you are supposed to go somewhere warm on vacation!

Ok, I think that's enough hate from me.

Anyone else?

Vince

I hate that my poor baby had to go thru another dental visit today because of the last quack that treated her. The new dentist is wonderful but the fact that he had to fix someone else's slipshod work really irks me.

I hate that we won't have a tree this year....well, not a real one. I can't even put one up the artificial one until I finish painting the living room, the office and the game room. Won't have help till the 16th. Prep work kinda' sucks too - eats up my dryfire time.

I hate the company my husband works for. They are a startup which means rediculous hours and not a lot of appreciation. He has busted his butt for them and all they can do is crab that he wants a day off to help me work on the house. And BTW, the company xmas party this year is for management only (goodwill unto others my a$$)...

There I feel better.... :D

I hate it that some wingnut moonbats have to call a Christmas Tree something other than a Chirstmas Tree and we are all supposed to swallow their relativism with a smile.

Additionally, if the issue concerned any other faith or religous system those same wingnut moonbats would be falling all over themselves to be the most "inclusive" and "diverse"...

And I hate scare quotes, yet I felt it necessarily absurd to just use them.

Edited by Middle Man

I hate dishonest, self-serving, or otherwise slimy "leaders".

I hate it when people think "leadership" is accomplished by talking a good game, but ultimately *doing* nothing of substance, while claiming credit for the work of others.

I hate that my career is affected by his sliminess, and probably will be as long as I am with this company.

I hate that he still has a job, *anywhere*.

B

I hate it that some wingnut moonbats have to call a Christmas Tree something other than a Chirstmas Tree and we are all supposed to swallow their relativism with a smile.

Additionally, if the issue concerned any other faith or religous system those same wingnut moonbats would be falling all over themselves to be the most "inclusive" and "diverse"...

And I hate scare quotes, yet I felt it necessarily absurd to just use them.

To tag on to this,

I hate that initially, people came to this country to escape religious opression, so that they could have religious freedom, but alas history seems to be repeating itself.

I hate that we have allowed this to happen.

I hate that we now must fight once more to be allowed to have the freedom our forefathers came here to have.

I hate that just minutes ago, I royally screwed up my stand mixer. I don't splurge on myself but last year after the holidays, I bought a nice $150.00 kitchen aid stand mixer when they went on clearance sale. I justified it by saying I'd have lots of baking to do for both my volunteer group and for Kirsten's preschool. I actually have used it alot. I was making cookies to sell for a fund raiser tomorrow and I dropped the metal measuring cup in the damn mix bowl. It got caught in the blade and like a moron, I flipped the switch the wrong way so instead of turning it off, I spun it into high gear. Now it has no gears and doesn't turn at all. :angry::angry::angry: I am so flipping mad I could spit. :angry::angry::angry: Worse still, I have five more batches to make and I have to now mix it all by hand. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by carinab

I hate the IRS...really.

I'm starting to hate my accountant, but I REALLY hate the IRS.

FAIR TAX

I hate that my dog has fleas and they are really hard to get rid of (He's a St. Bernard). I hate that my pest control company sucks and I now have to fire them and get a new one to keep the fleas out of my yard. I hate fogging my house!!!!!!!

I hate that just minutes ago, I royally screwed up my stand mixer. I don't splurge on myself but last year after the holidays, I bought a nice $150.00 kitchen aid stand mixer when they went on clearance sale.

Carina, just FYI, KitchenAid does have a 1-year no questions asked replacement policy per their website. You might want to get in touch with them ASAP.

KitchenAid.com mixer page

This is just about the time of year where I go into some kinda Bermuda Triangle head-trip tailspin and get pi**ed at just about everything... until New Year's. Then everything's OK. Meanwhile, it's December again and I can't handle it. Happens every year. I won't even go into detail about my current "Pi**ed Off List", it'll just embarrass me later. Damn. Damn. :angry::angry::ph34r::ph34r: It's so weird I even put my medium format film camera up on eBay tonight. Thought I'd never do that. Someone bid on the cam bod the first hour. God.

Well, actually, I'm going all-digital in 2006 so what the hell.... :P

Topper:

Prime Minister is being forced into an election through non-confidence vote in parliment...one of his new election promises...TOTAL HANDGUN BAN!!!!

Total Handgun Ban for the responsible and law obeying citizen, no Ban for the law breaking Criminal, huh?

Looks the same overhere, luckily we're off the hook for oncoming year...

I hate that the surgery to restore normal hearing to my right ear didn't last long. I got 3 days and then it slowly went away again. I see the doc again Monday. Hopefully there is an easy fix...but for some reason I doubt it.

I hate that my GP is a total pill pushing stooge and that I am going to have to "fire" him and go in search of a doctor that actually remembers that patients are people not slabs of meat that can be ordered to do whatever and take whatever despite what the PDR says about dosages. Gee doc, that stuff gives me a ripping headache. Gee, you told me to take DOUBLE the max dosage! Thankfully a close friend is a pharmacist and caught the mistake about 3 days into the meds. Amazing how the right dose doesn't have such horrible side effects!

I hate that 1 year ago last week we said goodbye to my nephew and lowered his body into the ground. I hate that my entire family is trying real hard to stay in denial about it instead of dealing with it. I know you are in a better place now Mitch...but we all still miss ya. :(

Edited by kimel