Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate's compensator tight

Ahreeves

On the Czechmate, the compensator does not line up to the slide by hand. It needs another 3/4 of the barrel turning on those threads to line up to the slide. I can only do that using a heavy padded desk vise and my hand turning it slide/barrel. I'm curious if the compensator has to fit snugly or if the 3/4 turn backing off the barrel will make it too loose. I would like to hear some thoughts, please.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:22 PM, Ahreeves said:

Got it, thanks. Here's some pics of the finished work. Hand tight now. This way I can field change the weapon to unlimited/comp. One quicky. The firing pin has a slot. Is that so debris has a way out?

image.jpeg.9feebe560a6f8c21bb00f449f17e2804.jpegCurious on the firing pin question myself…

Edited by Hollow-Point
Wrong pic

On 8/24/2022 at 3:47 AM, Hollow-Point said:

curious on the firing pin question myself…

This is a way of thinking and designing weapons since the days of communist  times , that the weapon will work in difficult conditions and the dirt will not cause malfunctions.

1 minute ago, slavex said:

I believe the cut in the firing pin is for models with firing pin safeties. It's a part shared across multiple models of guns

A friend had  CZ 75  from 77  and that part hasn't changed since.
I also had  cz 75   from 86  and it's the same part with the same slot.🙊

it's for the firing pin safety like I said above, one pin design across multiple guns. you'll see aftermarket firing pins for the Shadow, TS, Czechmate, Shadow 2 etc that don't have the groove as it's an extra step for machining. But since CZ makes guns that need it, they just make one pin across the board. It's orientation in guns without firing pin blocks doesn't matter, and, if you want to play a game, put it in, in a specific way, and then fire 100 rounds and see if it's still facing the same, it probably won't be. 

53 minutes ago, slavex said:

it's for the firing pin safety like I said above, one pin design across multiple guns. you'll see aftermarket firing pins for the Shadow, TS, Czechmate, Shadow 2 etc that don't have the groove as it's an extra step for machining. But since CZ makes guns that need it, they just make one pin across the board. It's orientation in guns without firing pin blocks doesn't matter, and, if you want to play a game, put it in, in a specific way, and then fire 100 rounds and see if it's still facing the same, it probably won't be. 

Cajun Gun Works 92030 Short Reset Kit P-07, P-09, P-01, & 75 Omega

9 hours ago, slavex said:

The pin is different for FPB guns as they are retained by the roll pin. I have always been led to believe it is just a debris channel.

yeah I've been told that as well, but was told more often it had to do with one step of the firing pin safety machining, now seeing the pic above, I'm going to say I was wrong on which one to believe. Debris groove it is now!