Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which model closest to TSO for Carry Optics?

slick001

I've been training and competing alot the last 2 years...

Bought my first CZ,  a TSO,  and God I love that 2lb SA trigger.  I think I've spoiled myself on the TSO.

However I put a Trij SRO on it and it puts me in Open class, that's fine for Steel Challenge, but I am definitely over my head in USPSA and would like to get another CZ for Carry Optics.

The weight , feel, balance, and grip is perfect.

I have big hands and have the LOK palm swell bogies on it, fit is perfect.

So, If you were buying a new model in DA/SA, what is the route to go?  Which exact model to get the closest in grip size feel and a light trigger pull?  I'm scared to death of the first round DA pull, and will most likely need it lightened.  I reload but need it to work with whatever primers I can get , usually Federal or CCI, but don't want it locked to a light primer to work.

I don't mind changing a couple springs but that's as far as I am comfortable tuning a CZ for now.  

So , buy a stock model and just send it to Cajun or CZC for trigger work and/or to get slide milled if its not optics ready?

I will slide mount another SRO on it.

this is for 9mm minor.

which exact model would you go?

please advise..

On 8/17/2022 at 4:37 AM, slick001 said:

buy a stock model and just send it to Cajun or CZC for trigger work and/or to get slide milled if its not optics ready?

Shadow 2 is the one to get.

I have both an OR and one milled by Cajun, the dot on the OR (plate needed) is about a 1/4" higher. I prefer the lower milled cut over the OR, however they both work fine.

I had Cajun do the full polish and upgrade on the one gun, trigger, hammer, sear, springs, barrel bushing, and really like it. I did the OR gun with everything except the bushing and frankly while shooting can't tell the difference between the two. With a 13 lb hammer spring the DA is under 6lbs and the SA 2.5 lbs lights all pistol primers.

The only issue you will have is the DA first shot. If you are new to starting this way it will take you a bunch of dry fire and practice to get used to that first pull of the trigger. Once you do it's a no brainer.

Also go with the big dots like the SRO and Max. The extra glass does shave a few bits of time off acquiring target.

Edited by HesedTech

Thanks for the replies 

I figured shadow 2 was the one, but I wasn't sure about the AO1-LD if it was a closer fit or not.

Also wasn't sure if the Orange version of the shadow 2 was really worth it or not... and the Orange version doesn't come in an Optics Ready version...

17 minutes ago, slick001 said:

Thanks for the replies 

I figured shadow 2 was the one, but I wasn't sure about the AO1-LD if it was a closer fit or not.

Also wasn't sure if the Orange version of the shadow 2 was really worth it or not... and the Orange version doesn't come in an Optics Ready version...

As the owner of an awesome S2 Orange, if I were going for an OR version of the Shadow 2, this would be my choice.  A lot of bang for the buck:

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-accu-optic-rds.html

And, there is a version of the Orange OR:

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-orange-optic-rds.html

HTHs!

17 hours ago, Tabasco said:

Is there a reason?  Not being snotty, just genuinely curious

Yes.  Cajun takes a lot longer than promised and does not honor his quotes.  After having my TSO sit in his shop for over three months he called to say he could not possibly do the work requested for what he quoted.  Not wanting to be without my gun for another couple months at a new gunsmith, I agreed to his higher (a lot) pricing.  Classic bait and switch.  Not a trust worthy supplier.

By contrast, every interaction with CZC has been spot on.  And, I get my stuff back quickly.  

On 8/19/2022 at 8:34 AM, HOGRIDER said:

As the owner of an awesome S2 Orange, if I were going for an OR version of the Shadow 2, this would be my choice.  A lot of bang for the buck:

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-accu-optic-rds.html

And, there is a version of the Orange OR:

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-shadow-2-orange-optic-rds.html

HTHs!

👌

Perfect...Thanks for the replies. Good info on this thread!

• 3 months later...