Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 mm brass?

usmc1974

46 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

Then they are Throw away cases

I toss them. You need a special sizing die just for them. And if you get carried away with crimp on soft bullets the case will separate when you try to pound them out with a hammer. i.e. chrono 

33 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I toss them. You need a special sizing die just for them. And if you get carried away with crimp on soft bullets the case will separate when you try to pound them out with a hammer. i.e. chrono 

Thanks Sarge, I will toss'em

Don't knock em, if you ain't tried them.  

I've been using them mostly for practice because they are really easy to pick up with a strong magnet.  My only issue so far has been since they are so much lighter than regular brass cases, my MPX throws them halfway across the range, my open pistol is much more tidy and only throws them a third of the way across the range.  I've loaded some of them to major pf more than 10 times and they still look good, no loose primer pockets. splits, etc...  The case head shows the ejector marks, but nothing really serious and the rim isn't all beat up.

I like them, but yeah, if you don't have the special dies, just toss them.  The special dies load regular 9mm brass just fine.  If you have a magnet on your case feed tube, it will catch the NAS3 cases no problem.

There is a comparison photo at 6:25 the video between the 32 times loaded case and a new case.

Nolan