Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

170 in a Staccato P?

evild

Going to be shooting Open minor with my Staccato P duo till/if they are made USPSA CO legal and was wondering if the balance would be way off with a 170 mag. Anybody tried that  or in a similar sized gun? No comp or mag well, just gun as it came from factory with a dot.

• 2 months later...
On 7/10/2022 at 7:39 AM, evild said:

Going to be shooting Open minor with my Staccato P duo till/if they are made USPSA CO legal and was wondering if the balance would be way off with a 170 mag. Anybody tried that  or in a similar sized gun? No comp or mag well, just gun as it came from factory with a dot.

Couple of rounds through it and it will run just fine

7 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

No.  No I do not.   And even if there was a new division possibly coming it wouldn’t have 170mm magazines in play.     

Agreed that they will never allow 170mm in “Limited Optics” but if you are gonna shoot open minor the 170 is a must. 

3 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Agreed that they will never allow 170mm in “Limited Optics” but if you are gonna shoot open minor the 170 is a must. 

If* it even happens.     Last thing uspsa needs is another division but we all know how well we get what is actually needed.  

11 minutes ago, OpenshooterAclass4lyfe said:

No.  No I do not.   And even if there was a new division possibly coming it wouldn’t have 170mm magazines in play.     

Agreed on 170. There’s a lot of chatter. But no one knows what the board thinks except for the one slip up. It’s all just opinions at this point. 

18 minutes ago, fireman1776 said:

Agreed on 170. There’s a lot of chatter. But no one knows what the board thinks except for the one slip up. It’s all just opinions at this point. 

What was the “slip up”?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 7:39 AM, evild said:

You'll have an issue with overinsertion

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2022 at 6:39 PM, evild said:

Did you end up trying this? 

• 3 weeks later...