Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ear buds what’s the best value

Raz22582

3M EEP-100 is basic, available on Amazon; very good suppression (30 dB with skull screws), rechargeable, 3 gain settings.  Other models with Bluetooth, etc. are available  and are more expensive.  I feel confined when wearing non-amplified plugs for extended periods, but can wear the EEP-100 all day with no issues.  I use them when shooting, using chainsaws or power saws, or any other noisy activity.  For me they're much more comfortable than muffs, though I do need to double up when shooting indoors; I have to do that with non-amplified plugs anyway.

Edited by Ronemus

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a set of Axil ear pro a couple months ago and enjoy them. I have used them at matches, one 8 hour class, cutting the grass, and going on runs. I would say the MSRP of $200 is a little high but with the sales they have, not so bad. I think they were 45% off when I got mine. For that price, you’re looking at quality headphones for music but get the advantage of shooting too. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've also been using the Axil GS Extreme 2 earbuds.  No complaints and the bluetooth has worked well for me for both music and phone calls.  Buy them using their sale prices (which seem to pop up a lot) and it seems like a really solid deal to me.