Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone tried the new Atlas magazines in an SVI?

FALAR

I'd like to find one 2011 magazine that works in all of my guns so I don't have to have several kinds, each for a specific brand.

SVI mags are great but won't work in STI/Staccato (or Nighthawk, looks like Staccato mag catches there).

MBX mags technically work in everything, they just won't drop free from my SVIs.

I guess I can order one to try.  It isn't like the MBX mags don't "work", they just don't drop free most of the time without a wiggle or pull.

When mags cost 90-130 each it would be nice to have one that works in all my 2011s though to the point where if I found one that works just as well across all of them I'll consolidate to that.

3 hours ago, FALAR said:

I guess I can order one to try.  It isn't like the MBX mags don't "work", they just don't drop free most of the time without a wiggle or pull.

When mags cost 90-130 each it would be nice to have one that works in all my 2011s though to the point where if I found one that works just as well across all of them I'll consolidate to that.

Seriously, just take a slim file and remove a tad bit of material from the top of the notch.  It will work.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, shred said:

Used to be you could get different height mag catches, you might need to get different ones to set them all up the same if you really want shared mags.

i see such mag catches for 1911's from egw and dawson, but i haven't found one for a 2011 yet.